DP3000 error

ProJetter

ProJetter

Reaction score
Impossible to Map X if you cannot home it first. I think is impossible to do.

Strange thing is that he was able to home X => Otherwise he couldn't perform the Map X procedure..

Really very strange that old InVision-Lady...

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
HE Did home the X??

Sorry, i missed that part.

Then, of course try to map x and check deviations.

I think under 8% is acceptable. No?

4 or 5% would be better, but often not possible.

ProJetter

ProJetter

Reaction score
I think under 8% is acceptable. No?

4 or 5% would be better, but often not possible.

Cheers!....Scotty-Scott

scotty.jpg

With that white-wine, i dont think it's possible :)

T

TECHARTISAN

Reaction score
yeah I technically can homeX...allowing me to map....but when the bed reaches that "not fully at rear" stop it pauses...as it would at the true rear....then when it moves forward it gives the x following error fault....
so there isnt really any measure to consider.

As for the Xhome opto.....I have manually interupted it....I have hand moved the stage and watched its response in the control and it appears to be functioning normally......
However, the way the stage "vibrates" at xhome attempting to continue movement until I rest my hand on it when homing x makes me wonder if there isnt some misalignment....I will examine that further
There is clearly something more than just this opto at play....the rearward retract stops short in the exact same spot.

Im going to do a video of the screen as I manually adjust the stage across its full range. The last I tried the movement and observed position seemed stable. If that is the case, I cant see how the encoder system is responsible.

Each failed attempt my concern grows that there is an issue in the servo drive circuitry

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
The encoder "reader" wires/cable? You know, starting at that little arm that extends out to Right side and strattles the actual encoder itself. They eventually attached to bottom of sled via zip-ties, then go to the Black rolling-loop cable under the sled, then to pin-plug, then down inside the machine in back left side.

Check for worn area everywhere. Maybe a zip-tie moved and cable got chaffed? Or intermittent connection for the encoder reader?

When sled it at fully forward or fully backwards, the encoder reader is shorted out or lost signal? I think X-limit opto is OK. Look somewhere else?

ProJetter

ProJetter

Reaction score
Hey mate,
any news about your "old lady"? What's the current status?

C

Carrie Smith

Reaction score
I know this feed is old... But did you ever figure out how to fix it? I have a projet DP3000 with the same "X" following error. The plate hits the front of the door, and if I move it slightly it will then hit the back, causing it to move this giving my the same error.

H

HCBartek

Reaction score
Hello. I need an image of 3d systems Invision HR hard drive. Have someone of you have this kind of printer?