Lucitone question

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
I just bought a new shipment of 199 original shade. I hasn't been that long , maybe three months or so since the last purchase. The old packaging says D-ply/Trubyte... New says D-ply/Sirona. Old says cadmium free, new doen't have that statement. Did they place cadmium back in the acrylic, I'm scared, don't want my dentures to be an experiment.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
I just bought a new shipment of 199 original shade. I hasn't been that long , maybe three months or so since the last purchase. The old packaging says D-ply/Trubyte... New says D-ply/Sirona. Old says cadmium free, new doen't have that statement. Did they place cadmium back in the acrylic, I'm scared, don't want my dentures to be an experiment.
They didn't put cadmium back in.
They added Sirona to their labelling to emphasize their implant offerings/digital products.
Been going on for quite a while.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Guess my last batch was still in date but had old labeling. Looks the same, I just don't keep up until I notice a difference.

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
New labeling showing new company name.

Cadmium is no longer allowed to be used (hasn't been for a long, long time),so putting it on the label is redundant. Kind of like putting "Gluten Free" on a bag of rice is redundant.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score

Cadmium is no longer allowed to be used (hasn't been for a long, long time),so putting it on the label is redundant. Kind of like putting "Gluten Free" on a bag of rice is redundant.

Yeah the gluten free bandwagon has gotten pretty out of hand

Wade Bognuda

Wade Bognuda

Reaction score
Just like the "organic" or "Non-GMO" bandwagon. Neither of which is true.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Just like the "organic" or "Non-GMO" bandwagon. Neither of which is true.
I find it enjoyable how ludicrous it is to call something "organic" as if it had a meaning other than "Carbon based" Every thing we eat is Organic!
No no look over here! This is certified super organic extra virgin lactose free vegan gluten free super food made with some berry common on another contient.
Who certified it? Oh, the seller. Riiight.

People annoy me.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
I find it enjoyable how ludicrous it is to call something "organic" as if it had a meaning other than "Carbon based" Every thing we eat is Organic!
No no look over here! This is certified super organic extra virgin lactose free vegan gluten free super food made with some berry common on another contient.
Who certified it? Oh, the seller. Riiight.

People annoy me.
Call me antisocial, but I take a dim view of bandwagons

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Call me antisocial, but I take a dim view of bandwagons
Generally a bandwagon is a group who has no real idea about the issue aside from they like the slogan.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score

Well the word "Cadmium free" tells me that I'll possibly get an orange denture. Not having it on there makes me think the denture will look nicer but weird medical issues may arise after I use it... Gluten free is nonsense unless you have crone's disease, etc...

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Well the word "Cadmium free" tells me that I'll possibly get an orange denture. Not having it on there makes me think the denture will look nicer but weird medical issues may arise after I use it... Gluten free is nonsense unless you have crone's disease, etc...
Even with Crohn's it is nonsense. Only those with a very specific GI disorder benefit, none other. The false positives of that diet are that people are for a change actually paying 30 seconds attention to what they are eating.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Celiac actually; Crone's is a different mechanism.

Edit: Crohn's
Damn autocorrupt

Last edited:
Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score

Damn autocorrupt

Damn autocorrupt

Funny I edited out Celiac and added Crohn , my neighbor had it and I was too lazy to make sure is celiac was correct or not. He couldn't eat the gluten or much of anything else.