Looking for a milling machine please help

R

Raffi M.

Reaction score
Wait so dwx50 licensing fee is 100$ a month ?

pjd cdt

pjd cdt

Reaction score
There was a yearly fee on the 5axis cam software. I think this is quite common. As for the amount you would have to ask your reseller. Remember this would include all the strategies and updates without them your machine cuts nothing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

R

Raffi M.

Reaction score
Also thinking for a bit more i could get a icore 250i wet dry mill... and costs 6000 mor ethan dwx
too good to be true?

R

Raffi M.

Reaction score
sorry 10 000 more... but really intregued by it... any reviews? good or bad?

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Wait so dwx50 licensing fee is 100$ a month ?

Yup, CAM is about $2k/yr from your favorite reseller (for updates and support)...although you could opt out of it...they didn't came out with any spectacular updates in the last three years...;)

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
If you buy materials from CAP the fees are waived. And, we likely have the largest selection of materials in the business and maintain a competitive price point on each product.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
t
sorry 10 000 more... but really intregued by it... any reviews? good or bad?

its not the mill !!! your first eye must be support in your area if cap is in reach try it and visit for a day the headquarter with samples and another day at bd origin they both have very different mills in different regions different brands matching purse to your. The decision is much easier than. wet dry is like a car with 2 or 4versus 5 seats and roi is very funny. is it good to drive 10 miles to a doctor ? if you get 6 k big implant bridge 3 or 4 a month yes !!!! is e.max cheaper pressing or milling ??? one single front tooth or 14 digital or hand waxed ,as smaller the company as leaner your production as better your posibilities . lean means production steps if you have a lot of time its a little bit better maybe to press e-max ,if you have a lot of work maybe its better to mill because you can make other things that time or more and you compensate ups an downs better and growing is easier.Your mill is your heart and this must work like your own but its technical and therefore support,support,support or you die !!!

R

Raffi M.

Reaction score
Wow... Great way of looking at it.. Thanks for the info and the thoughts!! :)

R

Raffi M.

Reaction score
so 99% sure im getting a dwx... the numbers just make sense... the subcontracting will pay the machine on itself. maybe a couple of years from now il go for a wet dry mill.. but not yet.

what are ure thoughts?

neila

neila

Reaction score
good move...hopefully from CAP...support is key and they are the best

R

Raffi M.

Reaction score
of course from CAP.. theyve been helping me with honest info for the last year... amazing support

W

WCI

Reaction score
Lots of good opinions here.
I've been doing some research on a new milling machine for a little bit and am not sure what to get as well. Been looking at the DWX-50, VHF S1/S2, ZirkonZahn M1, and the Ivoclar (Wieland) Zenotech. Not sure which way to go.
I guess my hang-up is being able to mill full arch zirconia and PMMA structures like the Prettau Bridge. Bob, I see that CAP does them but what machine are you using to do them. People here seem to like their DWX-50s but can they do these large restorations? If so, howling would it take compared to the others? Or should I go with a different machine?
Any info would be great. Thanks!

R

Ron.Ferland

Reaction score
Did you pull the trigger yet? The Wieland mill comes with no additional licensing fee. Also, WPT/Ivoclar supports their mills with free backup. I own a Mini mill and had an issue that needed repair. They have two separate teams to help with tech issues, but a hardware problem existed. I sent my design files to them and my units were milled and overnighted back to me for $0; a zero dollar invoice! I believe CAP charges $15.00. I'm talking about 168 units ($2,500) of free Zr work while I waited for my mill to be fixed by Ivoclar. I don't think CAP and the other milling centers can touch this level of support, IMO.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Also thinking for a bit more i could get a icore 250i wet dry mill... and costs 6000 mor ethan dwx
too good to be true?
It's $14K more for the 2450i. We are running two of them all day long. One for e.max the other for zirconia.

Last edited:
L

labtek

Reaction score
If you buy materials from CAP the fees are waived. And, we likely have the largest selection of materials in the business and maintain a competitive price point on each product.

Question for Bob and anyone else who knows;
IF I already have a 3shape scanner and I bought a ceramill 2 5axis mill from CAP and wanted to transfer my 3shape to CAP. What is the yearly fees that have to be paid for the 3shape CAD software and the Amman Girrbach CAM? Assuming that I buy my consumable pucks, etc. from CAP.
2. To clarify: the software, royalty, user fees or whatever name that is tagged to the CAD or CAM system, DO ALL suppliers charge a fee to accept files outside of their "open/closed" system in order to input stl files to be milled or designed

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Question for Bob and anyone else who knows;
IF I already have a 3shape scanner and I bought a ceramill 2 5axis mill from CAP and wanted to transfer my 3shape to CAP. What is the yearly fees that have to be paid for the 3shape CAD software and the Amman Girrbach CAM? Assuming that I buy my consumable pucks, etc. from CAP.
2. To clarify: the software, royalty, user fees or whatever name that is tagged to the CAD or CAM system, DO ALL suppliers charge a fee to accept files outside of their "open/closed" system in order to input stl files to be milled or designed
We will send you a PM soon.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Bob and DLN,

We are in the market to upgrade our current CAD/CAM system. It is certain that we will acquire a Trios scanner for the in-house doctors. As well as a 3shape scanner and software for the lab. It is absolutely necessary for the lab to be capable of milling Ti abutments on whichever mill we choose. As well as Zirc, lithium disilicate, PMMA, Wax, etc... I am looking for suggestions and options.

Reading this thread and considering the necessity for milling Ti. What has stood out is the 450i and the Motion2. I have worked with the 450i without the wet milling upgrade. It was a fantastic machine. And combined with 3shape and Sum3d, that machine was unstoppable. I am unfamiliar with the Motion2. Still, Amann Girrbach makes some of the most beautiful lab equipment on earth and I have no doubt that it is likely built to last.

What other options are there when seeking for an open mill capable of Zirc and Ti machining?

Thanks DLN.

Edit: It looks like I can't put any old 98mm disc in the Motion2, is this correct?

Last edited:
Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
You may want to look into the arum versamill 5x from axsys dental. It does all that you are asking for

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Edit: It looks like I can't put any old 98mm disc in the Motion 2, is this correct?[/QUOTE]
The motion 2 can mill everything you want to do. In fact it mills titanium CA's with a strategy like a lathe. This will provide a superior results to the more conventional mill one side and flip the disc over and mill the other half of the abutment. It is the best at milling detailed anatomy for e.max I have ever seen. The photo is an e.amx milled on the Motion 2. The photo on the left is with a 0.8mm tool the unit on the right is a 0.3mm tool for just the occlusal anatomy. There sill also be a full denture application we will introduce in chicago next month that is awesome. It also mills a pre sintered CoCo material. When milling it mills like zirconia as it is very soft. I'm planning on introducing Sintron as a new product in my lab. That said, the Motion 2 is currently configured with a "D" shaped 71mm disc holder only. View attachment 17473
Untitled.png

Top Bottom