Looking for a milling machine please help

Zeleo

Zeleo

Reaction score

I apologize for placing a reserve on this auction . Because I already have a lot of big ticket items listed on ebay I had to list the DWX-4 as an auction with a reserve, because Ebay places a total dollar limit per month on buy it now items I can list at once.

I would have had to either, cancel several of my current items, or post the mill as an auction .

My reserve is less than 50% of its estimated value.

As for how many jobs it has on it. I never did get a guaranteed 100% answer. However I was told that because it was only used at the one trade show, that more than likely it was run just once and then the rest of the time it was just re-tracing without actually milling anything.

pjd cdt

pjd cdt

Reaction score
If it was me I would separate the two items. The suction unit would sell closer to retail than the mill. The mill requires support thus driving the price down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

D

davidnel212

Reaction score
I have a ZirkonZahn M5 and M1 unit, very happy with what i can do on it and the quality of the milling. Getting a unit for a small lab is a hard choice. The hidden costs of having a in house milling unit is huge and brings the cost up. All you will be gaining is more control on the design part. Its only the big labs tha do 15+ units a day that really get a return on their money. My advice is get a better outsource partner until you do at least 10+ units a day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CAD BANE

CAD BANE

Reaction score
I will throw in my 2 cents, maybe my past and current experiences may help in your decision. I managed a large milling center in Salt Lake City for almost 4 years using just about every ORIGIN mill available at that time, 12 total pumping out 400+ units a day. I owned a milling center for a period of time before selling it off where I was running 3 Roland DWX-50's. I am now using and training technicians and laboratories on the VHF Mini (Preciso Mill) If you are looking to mill primarily Zirconia and maybe some wax then IMO you should not go spend your money on large mills or on a Roland DWX-50. As a business owner you need to invest into something that is well built, will last, and that you can get your money back on quickly. You will also need a company backing you up with excellent technical support. I would suggest looking into the Preciso Mill from Jensen, I believe they have the best price and support in this area.

Sydceramist

Sydceramist

Reaction score
I apologize for placing a reserve on this auction . Because I already have a lot of big ticket items listed on ebay I had to list the DWX-4 as an auction with a reserve, because Ebay places a total dollar limit per month on buy it now items I can list at once.

I would have had to either, cancel several of my current items, or post the mill as an auction .

My reserve is less than 50% of its estimated value.

As for how many jobs it has on it. I never did get a guaranteed 100% answer. However I was told that because it was only used at the one trade show, that more than likely it was run just once and then the rest of the time it was just re-tracing without actually milling anything.

Hi Z, Why did you sell the DWX-4?

A

Average Joe

Reaction score
Bob,
Do you think that Amann will ever allow a full sized or 98 mm vs. the 71mm to be used? Am I also understanding you correct that the motion 2 will be able to do dentures as well after the Chicago meeting?
Thanks

A

Average Joe

Reaction score
I will throw in my 2 cents, maybe my past and current experiences may help in your decision. I managed a large milling center in Salt Lake City for almost 4 years using just about every ORIGIN mill available at that time, 12 total pumping out 400+ units a day. I owned a milling center for a period of time before selling it off where I was running 3 Roland DWX-50's. I am now using and training technicians and laboratories on the VHF Mini (Preciso Mill) If you are looking to mill primarily Zirconia and maybe some wax then IMO you should not go spend your money on large mills or on a Roland DWX-50. As a business owner you need to invest into something that is well built, will last, and that you can get your money back on quickly. You will also need a company backing you up with excellent technical support. I would suggest looking into the Preciso Mill from Jensen, I believe they have the best price and support in this area.

CAD Bane
It is a Paradox for sure on which Mill to buy. Being a smaller lab do I go with a smaller mill that can do a certain things but not others? Will I be able to do a quicker ROI with it. Do I have enough space to add another mill later or get a bigger air compressor to run two of them if I out grow the first smaller one? What is the Preciso selling price now days?

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Bob,
Do you think that Amann will ever allow a full sized or 98 mm vs. the 71mm to be used? Am I also understanding you correct that the motion 2 will be able to do dentures as well after the Chicago meeting?
Thanks

Amann not but their are a few guys out with 98 mm on their motion two make some research.Maybe with some pre bye pre.... ?? the old one started with 98 maybe it fits ??

Last edited:
A

Average Joe

Reaction score
Amann not but their are a few guys out with 98 mm on their motion two make some research.Maybe with some pre bye pre.... ?? the old one started with 98 maybe it fits ??

Yes I heard year ago back on EU that they started with a regular 98mm. However unless you would change the CAM software as well I'm guessing it would be impossible. Just curious since now CAP is selling them if they had or have a voice in this.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Yes I heard year ago back on EU that they started with a regular 98mm. However unless you would change the CAM software as well I'm guessing it would be impossible. Just curious since now CAP is selling them if they had or have a voice in this.

yes thats true but you have to tell the cam only the new size 20 seconds if you have the data and axess

R

Raffi M.

Reaction score
Alright so finally baught a imes icore 250i from CAP. Doing the whole setup changes desk electrical etc.
Reason why i went with a 250i dry was that im just an old school guy. Even if im only going to be milling Zirconia and the roland dwx 50 was going to do an amazing job im sure... I just decided to pay a bit more for a machine that had some weight to it.

That being said I wouldnt want to switch over to the 250i wet just because i would rather have seperate machines for each material.
Dont know enough about wet dry switching.

What do you guys think?
Maybe add wet later on or look into another miling machine just for my emax

If i did get a machine to mill out emax only I would get a 4 axis. Just because i never do anything too complicated with emax material

Even if im not buying another mill anytime soon i was looking into the 140i
What do you guys think?
Too small ? Or a little ball of muscle ?

JandBDentalStudio

JandBDentalStudio

Reaction score
Alright so finally baught a imes icore 250i from CAP. Doing the whole setup changes desk electrical etc.
Reason why i went with a 250i dry was that im just an old school guy. Even if im only going to be milling Zirconia and the roland dwx 50 was going to do an amazing job im sure... I just decided to pay a bit more for a machine that had some weight to it.

That being said I wouldnt want to switch over to the 250i wet just because i would rather have seperate machines for each material.
Dont know enough about wet dry switching.

What do you guys think?
Maybe add wet later on or look into another miling machine just for my emax

If i did get a machine to mill out emax only I would get a 4 axis. Just because i never do anything too complicated with emax material

Even if im not buying another mill anytime soon i was looking into the 140i
What do you guys think?
Too small ? Or a little ball of muscle ?
Excellent decision on going with the 250i! At this point you shouldnt even worry about milling Emax, let alone having a dedicated mill for Emax. Buy some good wax pucks, design your emax, mill the wax and press it. It will still save you time from hand waxing. Plus you can design multiple wax units and mill them overnight, to be ready in the morning when you arrive!

alfredmorad@gmail.com

[email protected]

Reaction score
Hi Raffi
We offer a lower priced veramill for cutting soft materials, in the 30k range. contact me if you are interested and we can discuss options.

R

Raffi M.

Reaction score
Got a quote from you guys at 46000+ with cam.... Great machine but out of my budget.

Thabks for reaching out :)

brayks

brayks

Sponsors
Reaction score
Got a quote from you guys at 46000+ with cam.... Great machine but out of my budget.

Thanks for the consideration Raffi.

Yeah the 5XS is a very nice machine.

I saw it for the first time at IDS, very impressive that we can maintain the $30K (machine only of course) entry price point considering the quality of construction.

I'm not sure if you knew it but the 5XS is able to machine e.max as well.

If you think you might purchase an additional mill for that application, depending on your actual budget and production requirements, the additional initial cost may prove to be the better way to go... much better. :rolleyes:;)

Last edited:
cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score

Where are you price for 250 i without cam is 24 K Euro !!! cam depended on you cheap easy or more options more money ????

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i highly recommend cerec. it is versatile, accurate and of high build quality. i'm sure you can find one on ebay in your price range, but don't know why anyone would want to sell.

Sam-CAP

Sam-CAP

Reaction score
i highly recommend cerec. it is versatile, accurate and of high build quality. i'm sure you can find one on ebay in your price range, but don't know why anyone would want to sell.

What have you done with CHL...

Must be a April Fools.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I agree. I'm looking to hang up my brush for good. No way I can compete with what these docs are doing chair side....

Top Bottom