Looking for a milling machine please help

R

Radu

Reaction score
Neila is right. DWX 50 is exactly what you need. We have it and it mills 20 hours a day, every day. We will buy another one soon. You need to make money not invest money you will not be able to get back... yet. Wet milling should be done in a different machine than the dry milling. So when you have a lot of work to do and the dwx can't handle it anymore and you want something different, you will have the money to get a real machine.. Like Haas, DMG etc.

R

Raffi M.

Reaction score
Hmm... How long have you guys had your dwx 50
Im just real sceptical about the weight to it ... Although you guys are giving a good review on it
So many choices!!!!!!!

R

Radu

Reaction score
That was my first impression too. DWX 50 looked more like a paper printer. But I soon changed my mind and I am really happy I didn't spend 120.000 euros for my first choice.. That was a wet milling machine that now I know from a friend that has it that you can't use it for metal milling on a daily basis. And that was exactly what I wanted I the first place.

R

Raffi M.

Reaction score
for the same price would u rather get a used machine that does wet and dry?

R

Radu

Reaction score
If I ever get a wet.. it would be big and ONLY use it for wet. We make our money with wax, zirconia and lava ultimate/enamic. We send out files for laser sintering when needed. If you do a lot of bars / abutments....then ok..it makes sense to get a big wet milling machine. If not.. get the DWX and you will make money. Period.

L

labtek

Reaction score
That was my first impression too. DWX 50 looked more like a paper printer. But I soon changed my mind and I am really happy I didn't spend 120.000 euros for my first choice.. That was a wet milling machine that now I know from a friend that has it that you can't use it for metal milling on a daily basis. And that was exactly what I wanted I the first place.

What is the actual milling time on a dwx 50 for full contour zirconia?
I realize that many people mill overnight, but, How many units can be milled in a normal 8 hour shift?
Can you complete 20 units per day with just one dwx 50? How would you process the units in order to be able to work on them during the same day, LIke what size batches to be efficient in all processes. So that all 20 are completed each day.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
look, roland is a fine machine. great to work with, good support and easy to use and maintain.

i only suggest you to look at versamill because it is completely wet mill, is immediately equipped to handle metal milling, and axsys will soon (hopefully) be rolling out the templates for milled emax.

so instead of spending 30k on a roland +more for vacuum, and then 60k on a second machine for metal or emax or any kind of expansion of your lab, buy once. less power footprint, less to go wrong being that there are fewer machines at work, and streamlined process.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
CAP sells Roland, Imes Icore and the Ceramill Motion 2 As well as the new AG Mikro.
When dealing with distributors they will want to sell you what they sell. CAP now has so many choices it's our goal to put the right mill into each customers lab. That said, if you have not purched a mill yet, I would likely suggest you wait until you have more units and a better ROI.
The Roland will not produce anything close to 100 units in 24 hours unless you use a strategy that produces junk. Figure 60 full contour with great detail in a 20-24 hour day. 20 in eight hours, no problem.
We run the Imes 450 (and 550) all day for titanium abutments. Works great for this application. Overkill for milling small volumes of Zi.
Never used a Weiland mill but I hear good things about them. There have been some reports of some problems with the disc changer in the Select. I think they have now fixed this.
The AG Mikro is a heavy small footprint 4axis dry mill. Very affordable ($23k with CAM, I think),love the design. It's a new mill so we don't have any long term info but I expect that it will be a workhorse. The Motion2 is probably the most versatile of all. it's a second gen product resulting in many design upgrades and built to be future proof. This mill should mill indications of the future both wet and dry. Today it mills Ti abutmets, presimtered CrCo (Sintron) mills like wax, everything on a Cerec mandril and all the soft materials.

R

Raffi M.

Reaction score
Only. Thing with motion 2.. Do I have to use the triangle pucks or is there a way to use the round ones

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
Seriously - what did you get when you clicked the link. I had someone else click on it from their computer and it took them to their email account - even though they weren't logged in. A little unsettling...

Bob's just showcasing his hacking skills;).

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Sorry, it works for me. I'll try to figure it out and get a fix.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Seriously - what did you get when you clicked the link. I had someone else click on it from their computer and it took them to their email account - even though they weren't logged in. A little unsettling...
It took me to my gmail sign in page.Dontknow

C

charles007

Reaction score
Bob's link worked for me :)

Top Bottom