"Looking for a good place that work on lab handpieces."

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
I've got a couple here (microstar & marathon 5000) both still work okay but I would like them refurbished ,( chuck & bearings & cleaning) . I did a search here and only found garland and the link no longer worked . Anyone know of a reputable place to send them ? thanks in advance . IMG_6912.jpg

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
I've got a couple here (microstar & marathon 5000) both still work okay but I would like them refurbished ,( chuck & bearings & cleaning) . I did a search here and only found garland and the link no longer worked . Anyone know of a reputable place to send them ? thanks in advance . View attachment 38113
Oops, meant to post it like this.

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Do you want me to read the future from your palm?😊

I'm not sure your reference , but in my true experience when I’ve had handpieces rebuilt they never ran as true as new. When I can get a new Ram Tech 2000 for just over 100$, why fix.
Started out myself with that same microstar that Chopper has. I wasn’t cheap and when I had it rebuilt I think it cost 4-5 bills. Within a year the control box went poof ! Tossed it and when Ram since.
Probably should edit above and not posted.....my two cents.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
I'm not sure your reference , but in my true experience when I’ve had handpieces rebuilt they never ran as true as new. When I can get a new Ram Tech 2000 for just over 100$, why fix.
Started out myself with that same microstar that Chopper has. I wasn’t cheap and when I had it rebuilt I think it cost 4-5 bills. Within a year the control box went poof ! Tossed it and when Ram since.
It seems you misunderstood my post to gatoothachoper , I meant to say that I could read you palm for the future ( as a palm reader ) and nothing to do with handpieces,

Last edited:
Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
You're probably right ,,,,,,,,, It's funny, I still have the mindset from when I had little money and had to have stuff rebuilt because I couldn't afford a new one , haha .,,,,,,,,,, & I do agree they never run as smooth as a brand new one . :)

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
"I use Palm readers all the time to figure out exactly what shade the Doctor 'REALLY' wants when they ask for an A3"
View attachment 38115
So you mean you have the A doctor, the B doctor and C doctor, ? etc. I had a doctor who preferred the D3 almost always .

Last edited:
C

charles007

Reaction score
With the low cost of backup inexpensive handpieces its not worth the cost to ship and repair old higher end handpieces. Years ago I finally gave up on continuing repairing two U Power handpieces. Bought $900. NSK and still haven't needed any repairs. Estimated cost to rebuild Upower was between 4 to $500. each, and that was many years ago.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
With the low cost of backup inexpensive handpieces its not worth the cost to ship and repair old higher end handpieces. Years ago I finally gave up on continuing repairing two U Power handpieces. Bought $900. NSK and still haven't needed any repairs. Estimated cost to rebuild Upower was between 4 to $500. each, and that was many years ago.
You could buy from Garland repair kits such as bearing wheels, carbon brushes ets, and do the tuneup yourself,
I know the bearing on the front of the handpiece could be difficult
to change sense it’s under compression.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score

Same thing here, just with a different company.

20210315_074930.jpg

20210315_075020.jpg

I made sure to not include my palm in the photos, I don't want Tayeb to possibly be giving me bad news :)

Last edited:
sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
I've had one of the suggested repair facilities work on my K9's a couple times. Less than impressed. Bearing whine, Heating up. Short bearing life. I'll go straight to Kavo next time. A little more expensive but I had better luck through them.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I used tons of different handpieces throughout the years...anyone remember the orange Jalenko's? Used Ram as well. After dealing with handpiece issues I went to Foredom. Yep, the complete unit is over $1000 but they do service their own stuff...and they are very robust. Been using them for about the last 7 years...have about ten complete units throughout the lab.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
Using Osadas , NSK ultimate XL’s going great, kavo is great too

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
On another issue, I am trying to get a replacement for a combustion fan on my Italian made palazzatti pellet stove with no success, I guess I have to rebuild the fan with handpieces bearings

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
On another issue, I am trying to get a replacement for a combustion fan on my Italian made palazzatti pellet stove with no success, I guess I have to rebuild the fan with handpieces bearings

That's pretty close to being about handpieces, Zoltar. You did at least link the 2 together :)

Zoltar-Big-Penny-Marshall.jpg

Top Bottom