light cure glaze after denture finishing

mivoice4you

mivoice4you

Reaction score
I used a light curing glaze as an experiment on the facial flange as well as the teeth for a magnificent wet look. Now in doing so its a bit tacky...i cure longer in my light unit and am hoping for a much harder finish went i get back to the lab tommorow. Anyone else use this technique?

Atex

Reaction score
We use Palaseal sometimes, specially when repairing old removables. Flange only never on teeth, it tends to wear off after a while...

mivoice4you

mivoice4you

Reaction score
8 am: Oh no! I put it on the teeth.It's for an immediate denture and not the permanent...so I hope theres not an issue.......
8:30 am: never mind....I lightly used a rubber wheel to remove and re polished the teeth. The anatomy was compromised, which i am not happy about! But at least my patient wont have peeling teeth. Thanks glad i saw this before her arrival.

Last edited:
Clear Precision Dental

Clear Precision Dental

Reaction score
Most of the light cured sealants are composite resin based. That tacky layer is the "air inhibited" layer. You can paint on the sealant and cure it, then place a thin layer of a water soluble lubricant (ie. KY Jelly) over the area then cure it again. You may then wash off the lubricant. As an alternative, you can place the item in a small, clear, deli-type container filled with enough water to cover the appliance. Then cure through the water [this technique works well with a Triad unit- it covers the "air inhibited" layer and reduces the appliance absorbing heat from the light source].