Light curing devices and composites

O

OceanwildReinhart

Reaction score
Hi there, all good?

Long time no see,

Long story, short..

Been trying to step up my game a little bit by introducing miself to, denture gum customisation with composites like those from GC Gradia gum shades.

Composites are a new thing for me, so i dont really know much about light curing devices, but what i know for shure, is i dont have budget for new Labolight and Steplight.

Any of you gentlemens know what kind of light, these composites need to cure? Other brand/device/equipment equivalent/counterpart of the GC devices, that can cure these composites?

"found a great deal for a "Triad 2000" (250w light)" oven and an "Ivoclar quick targis" (this one cures all comp 400-500 nm),could these work?"

Cheers

G

gallagerdental

Reaction score
Been looking into it also. Decided to go with Gradia also. Instead of jumping into it all at once financially, I started out buy ordering some basics. Budget wise I also didn't want to put out 4 grand for their light cure system. So I checked out the light wave requirements for Gradia and went with the procure light curing unit ,be careful not all light curing units will cure all composites. I think Triad won't completely cure GC. But it can be used as a "step cure" unit. If you want to know more, check in with Tom Zaleske, he's a big proponent of that system, and my go to guy. Also your GC rep., may be of some help. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

O

OceanwildReinhart

Reaction score
Been looking into it also. Decided to go with Gradia also. Instead of jumping into it all at once financially, I started out buy ordering some basics. Budget wise I also didn't want to put out 4 grand for their light cure system. So I checked out the light wave requirements for Gradia and went with the procure light curing unit ,be careful not all light curing units will cure all composites. I think Triad won't completely cure GC. But it can be used as a "step cure" unit. If you want to know more, check in with Tom Zaleske, he's a big proponent of that system, and my go to guy. Also your GC rep., may be of some help. Good luck.

Sounds good, the procure not very expensive, also not very spred around, but what about a Labolight LV-1, 85w. Do they still make bulbs for that? As i understand, can use as a steplight preety much anything, targis quick is quite cheap. There'so many makers out there,

G

gallagerdental

Reaction score
Buy the way- if you go for optional curing units- make sure the appliance doesn't over heat. Run short times- cool down, and run some more. Heat will either warp or effect composites or glaze.

pdent

pdent

Reaction score
Hi there, all good?

Long time no see,

Long story, short..

Been trying to step up my game a little bit by introducing miself to, denture gum customisation with composites like those from GC Gradia gum shades.

Composites are a new thing for me, so i dont really know much about light curing devices, but what i know for shure, is i dont have budget for new Labolight and Steplight.

Any of you gentlemens know what kind of light, these composites need to cure? Other brand/device/equipment equivalent/counterpart of the GC devices, that can cure these composites?

"found a great deal for a "Triad 2000" (250w light)" oven and an "Ivoclar quick targis" (this one cures all comp 400-500 nm),could these work?"

Cheers
I bought a used Triad unit and it seems to work just fine.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Buy some ABC ( air barrier coating ) from Triad to cure the oxygen inhibition layer which is created on the surface of most composites.

It's water soluable.

O

OceanwildReinhart

Reaction score
Buy some ABC ( air barrier coating ) from Triad to cure the oxygen inhibition layer which is created on the surface of most composites.

It's water soluable.
Instead of GC air barrier coting? Are you shure of compatibility? Im glad i can "Frankensteinise" this. Was freightened i was going to spend a fortune on devices, but guess theres always a way....:)

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Compatibility? It allows for curing of the surface area. GC coating is fine as well as glycerin You wash it off with water..

G

gallagerdental

Reaction score
Tom said that clear dish liquid works too. Haven't tried it though.

O

OceanwildReinhart

Reaction score
Wohoo, thats good news, theres a local guy selling a triad for 300 euros. how long do you keep in oven to cure?

C

Craig T

Reaction score
Wohoo, thats good news, theres a local guy selling a triad for 300 euros. how long do you keep in oven to cure?
In a Triad unit:
GC Gradia
Primer - 3 minutes
Step cure - 2 rotations of the table
Final cure - 4 minutes

I bought the 32 oz Triad air barrier as a recommendation from Jim Collis, and it seems like it will last a lifetime.

O

OceanwildReinhart

Reaction score
Thank you all, for the kind responses, if you have any other tricks, please share, im a newb in this field, will gladly take any bread crumbs, CHEERS!

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
silicone tip instruments are ideal for manipulating the high viscosity composites.

G

gallagerdental

Reaction score
Craig T-Any curing times on the procure, or should I consider the triad as the same? Thanks.

C

Craig T

Reaction score
Craig T-Any curing times on the procure, or should I consider the triad as the same? Thanks.

I have a Triad (halogen) and a Kulzer Denticolor XS (intense pulsing bulb of some sort) that I use for opaque. I would try to hunt down information for similar light sources as the procure (florescent?). In general it seems that everything cures faster than the Triad and nothing cures faster than the Kulzer (Triad time/2). So the times for the Triad would probably be reasonably safe times for the Procure.