Let's talk PostDams...with pics.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Is that the McDonald's logo upside down in that picture? :D

We use a modified butterfly extending from the fovea to the hamular notch. Its a 1/2 mm bead line in the most posterior aspect with a gradual taper to the most ant aspect of the wing.

I would imagine this is the most replicated PPS that is in use today. The sad thing is the number of techs that have no understanding of the visual landmarks and just try and scribe something that looks like what they think should be present.

We all know its the clients job to mark the vibrating line but how many actually do.

CYNOSURER

CYNOSURER

Can't reMember
Reaction score
Is that the McDonald's logo upside down in that picture? :D

It could be...it came with fries.

We use a modified butterfly extending from the fovea to the hamular notch. Its a 1/2 mm bead line in the most posterior aspect with a gradual taper to the most ant aspect of the wing.

...and what part of "with pics" did you not understand? :rolleyes:

We all know its the clients job to mark the vibrating line but how many actually do.

Well, it's not like that's written in...or even drawn on...stone.
popcorn

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Yeah yeah I know Tim

I suck at photography and have not done anything to improve.

The good camera is at home but if I get around to it I will take a pic or two.

thetoothfarie

thetoothfarie

Reaction score
Sorry Tim no pics just comment.

The more I see of your work, the more I like.
U.C.L.A. teaches the open butterfly, U.S.C. teaches closed butterfly. I am a U.C.L.A. gal.
The open butterfly is easer to adj. chairside for the Dr. and will 'dig in' a bit better if the patient has a shallow or bony palette.

Clear Precision Dental

Clear Precision Dental

Reaction score
This is our typical post-dam. This one is for a maxillary reline. It's a little blurry....like me.
reline.jpg

Top Bottom