Lab scanners

Restorationlab

Restorationlab

Reaction score
I'm looking to replace my old Medit Identica lab scanner that was given to me in 2017. I am a one-person fixed lab with low volume of work. About 70% of my work is using stone models. I am wondering if anyone has an opinion on the DOF EDGE HD scanner and the Medit T500. Looking for info on ease of use, reliability, durability, etc. I use exocad design software with a Win 10 computer since 2016. I may be replacing the computer with a Win 11 at some point. Thanks in advance for any guidance provided.

mightymouse

mightymouse

Reaction score
My set up is almost identical, will be updating computer this year. I’ve had a DOF HD since 2016 and never had an issue. They may not have the market share but they are very reliable in my opinion.

L

lifelikedental

Reaction score
I have a medit t710 im willing to let go if you are interested in a used scanner.

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
I'm looking to replace my old Medit Identica lab scanner that was given to me in 2017. I am a one-person fixed lab with low volume of work. About 70% of my work is using stone models. I am wondering if anyone has an opinion on the DOF EDGE HD scanner and the Medit T500. Looking for info on ease of use, reliability, durability, etc. I use exocad design software with a Win 10 computer since 2016. I may be replacing the computer with a Win 11 at some point. Thanks in advance for any guidance provided.
Why do you want to replace it? I'm still using the medit blue and it's been phenomenal

JonnyLathe

JonnyLathe

Reaction score
Have you tried it yet? Can you give us a review?
Not yet, we're opening our second location at the end of the month and I'll get to start using it then. I'll let you know!

DigiSculpt Design Center

DigiSculpt Design Center

Reaction score
I can vouch for the T710, the scanner is great, and medit has been great in general especially with the all the free tools available in their appbox

JonnyLathe

JonnyLathe

Reaction score
Any chance you’re selling used?
We're selling ours brand new in box but I'd be willing to give you a deal on it. We bought it and realized we don't need a lab scanner as we're going modelless at our clinic, we were mostly going to use it to scan optisplints but we got photogrammetry. The vendor won't take it back for full price.

H

hausofsmile1

Reaction score
We're selling ours brand new in box but I'd be willing to give you a deal on it. We bought it and realized we don't need a lab scanner as we're going modelless at our clinic, we were mostly going to use it to scan optisplints but we got photogrammetry. The vendor won't take it back for full price.
How much are you looking to get?

DKO1127

DKO1127

Reaction score
Hi

I currently use Medit T710 and it's been great! Had it for about 2 years now and no hiccups. Software is great as well. Definitely worth the investment to go with the T710 if you're shopping within the Medit family. I've dabbled with DOF Edge at one of our colleagues lab and it seemed like a pretty solid scanner. Though I can't vouch for DOF, Medit is worth the cost in my opinion.

Best of Luck!!

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Ive used medit hybrid and currently a DOF UHD, which is probably similar to a t710 as far as accuracy, but its not fast. The new DOF models are much better, the HD is outdated at this point. The scans from the UHD are fantastic though, didnt know you could get that much detail. Im talking fingerprints.