Exocad advice

D

dntrtek

Reaction score
I am new to the Forum but not new to the business. Been in this field (Denture Tech) for the past 50 years. Anyways, I'm tech savvy, use Ivobase for my denture processing. Actually had one of the first Ivocap systems, and used it for many years till I recently upgraded to Ivobase. I am now moving into 3D printing and have ordered the Asiga Max, with upgraded cleaner and curing unit. Here's my issue: I can't swing a new scanner but have a friend of mine upgrading their scanners and is going to sell me one of her D900L scanners. Wanted 3shape but have since decided to go with exocad. As I mentioned I am strictly removable, no Ortho and I now send my Frameworks out. This is what I'm looking at with Flex option: Should this do it or anything else necessary. Thanks All

Exocad Flex DentalCAD Dongle - Annual renewal fee $1,138. $2,000.00 $2,000.00
1.00 EXO AMF-BITESPLINT E
40-00-94
Exocad DentalCAD Flex Bite Splint -Annual renewal fee $398. $552.00 $552.00
1.00 EXO AMF-FULLDENT E
40-01-02
Exocad DentalCAD Flex Full Denture Mod -Annual renewal fee
$500.
$888.00 $888.00
1.00 EXO AMF-MODELCREA E
40-00-82
Exocad DentalCAD Flex Model Creator -Annual renewal fee $444. $625.00 $625.00
1.00 EXO AMF-VARITC E
40-00-70
Exocad DentalCAD Flex Vir. Articulator -Annual renewal fee $180

Laura

Laura

Reaction score
Not to answer a question with a question butttttt what exactly do you plan on printing or doing with your printer? Are you only planning on printing models from scans that docs send?

doug

doug

Reaction score
I'm not sure that the 3shape scanner will work with Exocad.

D

dntrtek

Reaction score
Thank you for replying.
Baseplates, custom trays, some Print try-ins eventualy, nightguards and splints, printing models from doctors files. Why I'm asking about the scanner, is that I will still get alginates and want to sca the model for the baseplate, custom trays and nightguards. Any suggestions as far as a scanner just for that

Thanks

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I believe 3shape has the better denture module, could be wrong though.

Cleo

Cleo

Reaction score
Think about getting a medit lab scanner. They have some cheap options that would work great for what you are doing and work well with exocad. Medit also has a free model builder and bite splint module. They aren't perfect but they are free and very simple to use. I think you can downloadmthe medit software online for free and use it before you decide

Laura

Laura

Reaction score
Thank you for replying.
Baseplates, custom trays, some Print try-ins eventualy, nightguards and splints, printing models from doctors files. Why I'm asking about the scanner, is that I will still get alginates and want to sca the model for the baseplate, custom trays and nightguards. Any suggestions as far as a scanner just for that

Thanks
I use exocad for all of that.. baseplates custom trays and nightguards are all made by using the bitesplint module. I use the model creator for the scans that I get sent in and I never use the full denture module (i don't like doing try ins with this because it eventually gets set up manually anyway) But like @Cleo said above, you can really do all of it with the free software called MeditLink and if you got a medit scanner they would go together. It is not nearly as user friendly as exocad but.. FREE! I kinda was just given what I'm working with now and stuck with it but if I had a choice when starting out I probably would have went the free route first and then invested in something that I knew I could use to return a profit.

E

erzdaemon

Reaction score
AFAIK The D900 will only work with the 3shappe Scanning Software and the scanners usually require a LOCAL! dongle for scanning. Also special hardware is required for some of the D-Series ( our D800 e.g. needs special USB ports (2.0 i think or even 1.0 not sure atm),it does not work with newer computers without special upgrades.

Edit: i think there are "Scan Only" Dongles availlable though on 3shape side