Pay advice for Lab "Management"

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Denture Dude

Donator
Reaction score
hahaha I have been trained and been working in a lab for over a year now. I like how all of you act as if im directly attacking you. Hey there are absolutely terrible hygienist in the world that I would not let into my mouth. Whats your point?
but also thats the good and bad thing about lab work. You dont really have to go to school for it hahaha. I bet you would ake a great hygienist. go for it
A whole year!?

D

Denture Dude

Donator
Reaction score
Ya know. I should apologize and give you a break. You’re only doing your job. This is on your doc.

D

Denture Dude

Donator
Reaction score
Hey I'm glad you're here, I'm actually going to start cleaning teeth on the side, hygienist's here do terrible work, I know I can do better with no training, but I have practiced on models. How much should I charge?

You guys remember when the DENTAL LAB NETWORK was for DENTAL LABS, not Doctors or Hygienists trying to figure out how to cut us out of the equations? Those were the days.
I agree but I think they all should be welcome here. Allows us peak at the inside of their heads and vice versa.

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
This really just sounds like a Dentist that wants to play Lab owner with someone who has some downtime.
I'm glad that your learning the lab side because that will only help you in the future.
Hope it works out for you.

doug

doug

Reaction score
I have a hard time seeing someone come on here having and attitude, and seeing the attitude that has been tossed around. Humor and criticism are hard to put into a text based forum.
I'm first and foremost interested in seeing the lab work that you "nailed." If you are doing both hygiene and lab work you are currently being underpaid, the guy you work for knows that. He also know that once he has you locked-in all that production money is right into his pocket. If he is only doing it because those other real labs are crap, he's lying to you. It's all about MONEY.
Why, if he's not getting decent work is he going to expand? He must be a really benevolent guy, looking out for all those other dentists around the area. I've NEVER met a hygienist who decided to transition to lab. Your job is in at 8, out at 5, at the latest. You will be spending a lot of late nights, unpaid, to get everything done. I'm sorry you got jumped-on right of the bat on here, but you also came on here and basically denigrated an entire profession of life-long learners who live this profession. People who I've become friends with over the last couple of decades, who even if I disagree with, will support because I know what they have to tolerate out of arrogant dentists everyday. you've made yourself look even worse than them and,quite frakly, I think you've been feed a line of bull **** by your boss and keep eating it everyday.
Why doesn't he decide to build and run a nuclear reactor to provide cheap energy for your entire city? Has he even done his due diligence on what goes into being a proper lab? BTW, those labs that are outside of his office are going to be held to a higher standard by the regulating agencies than what they allow in the office. I wish you luck, I think you are being used and I think your boss sees a pot of gold that will ultimately be Iron Pyrite.

D

Denture Dude

Donator
Reaction score
Maybe the printer manufacturer can suggest a wage? The cad company? They started this mess.

H

HygieneTech

Reaction score
I have a hard time seeing someone come on here having and attitude, and seeing the attitude that has been tossed around. Humor and criticism are hard to put into a text based forum.
I'm first and foremost interested in seeing the lab work that you "nailed." If you are doing both hygiene and lab work you are currently being underpaid, the guy you work for knows that. He also know that once he has you locked-in all that production money is right into his pocket. If he is only doing it because those other real labs are crap, he's lying to you. It's all about MONEY.
Why, if he's not getting decent work is he going to expand? He must be a really benevolent guy, looking out for all those other dentists around the area. I've NEVER met a hygienist who decided to transition to lab. Your job is in at 8, out at 5, at the latest. You will be spending a lot of late nights, unpaid, to get everything done. I'm sorry you got jumped-on right of the bat on here, but you also came on here and basically denigrated an entire profession of life-long learners who live this profession. People who I've become friends with over the last couple of decades, who even if I disagree with, will support because I know what they have to tolerate out of arrogant dentists everyday. you've made yourself look even worse than them and,quite frakly, I think you've been feed a line of bull **** by your boss and keep eating it everyday.
Why doesn't he decide to build and run a nuclear reactor to provide cheap energy for your entire city? Has he even done his due diligence on what goes into being a proper lab? BTW, those labs that are outside of his office are going to be held to a higher standard by the regulating agencies than what they allow in the office. I wish you luck, I think you are being used and I think your boss sees a pot of gold that will ultimately be Iron Pyrite.

H

HygieneTech

Reaction score
Cry some more. Most people have offered around the same advice and been helpful. A lot of people on here just wanna cry because they are becoming washed out analog,( which before anyone says it yes I learned analog first). A lot of you keep saying you want out of the business. I don’t have to explain my training you and my work. Of course the dentist will make more money this way. It's HIS lab. The area we live in has zero competition and has a place for a prosthetics lab. So yes joinnthe rest of the complainers on here. Most of you sound like you're ready for retirement or a career change but too late to do it.
It's a simple question. I gave demographics of the situation and instead I get attacked with "no experience to do that" or boo hoo stories of people being offended for no reason.
I also did not rip on an entire profession off the bat. I was attacked first and I explained my reasoning for wanting to get into it. Don't pick and choose what to read from forum and debate on. Just like I said I'm a hygienist and there are ****e hygienist out there. The schooling is 4 years with prerequisites. Lab tech is no school. Demographically easier to get into. Therefor easier to have ****e amount of lab techs

RCKSTR

RCKSTR

Reaction score
Cry some more. Most people have offered around the same advice and been helpful. A lot of people on here just wanna cry because they are becoming washed out analog,( which before anyone says it yes I learned analog first). A lot of you keep saying you want out of the business. I don’t have to explain my training you and my work. Of course the dentist will make more money this way. It's HIS lab. The area we live in has zero competition and has a place for a prosthetics lab. So yes joinnthe rest of the complainers on here. Most of you sound like you're ready for retirement or a career change but too late to do it.
It's a simple question. I gave demographics of the situation and instead I get attacked with "no experience to do that" or boo hoo stories of people being offended for no reason.
From what I can see, you should be grateful you're even employed. Attitude like that would be a one way ticket out the door here.

Last edited:
doug

doug

Reaction score
I was a pretty nice person in the way I posted what I did. Respectful, I think thoughtful, honest, and forthright in my comments. As of now, you can ****-OFF!!

H

HygieneTech

Reaction score
I was a pretty nice person in the way I posted what I did. Respectful, I think thoughtful, honest, and forthright in my comments. As of now, you can ****-OFF!!

Hit a soft spot did I. Like I said. You said what's on your mind and I said what on mine and you're somehow the one offended... Comical hahahahah

H

HygieneTech

Reaction score
From what I can see, you should be grateful you're even employed. Attitude like that would be a one way ticked out the door here.
Attitude? You sit there and type sarcastic and belittling stuff on post. And then when I say something back you point a finger.

Status
Not open for further replies.