Just got Dwx-4 Roland Mill, what burs for Lava Ultimate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score
Great could you please put me in touch with your customer. My email is [email protected] and number is 310-666-5454

No problem. My customer is also in Southern California so we are all local. I'll ask him to give you a call.

Heidari

Heidari

Reaction score
No problem. My customer is also in Southern California so we are all local. I'll ask him to give you a call.
Thank You so much! I will order from you as soon as I can get the mill operational. Wish I had bought new. I didn't really save much.

Zeleo

Zeleo

Reaction score
This seems very unprofessional of them and upsets me a great deal.

I made sure to speak with Whipmix about this mill before placing it on eBay. I made sure to post details about it here and to get advice on where and hown to sell.

When I called Whipmix The representative I spoke with on the phone assured me that it was all good to go. He went on to explain that the tiny amount of dust in it was because they ran the mill at the show with an already completed product and it just traces over the same path to demo it's movements. They were given it's serial number by me and by you via telephone conversations and here in this forum, I gave them my phone number and name and not once did they or anyone from Whipmix ever say a word about not supporting the mill, or that there was any question of its ownership the entire time it was listed.

Then the moment a person asks about software that is admittedly included with the mill automatically, they claim the mill was lost or stolen from the Chicago show last year, did not file a police report either, and now want to charge a potential long term customer 5000.00 for software they admitted was normally included with the mill.

If Whipmix lost the item for what ever reason, why did they keep silent when both of us called and spoke with them directly and openly about the history of the mill and in addition why did they not file a police report last year?

My cell phone has an app that automatically records every single call.

I also just spoke with FedEx and they assure me this is and was not stolen and was a legitimate item sold at their auction.

If Whipmix is trying to scam you out of 5000.00 dollars to punish you for not buying directly from them. I hope they know this does not look very good on them.

I am sorry they are treating you this way and I will see if I can help you find the missing software the representative admitted was included automatically with the mill.

There was a brand new CD in the accessories box, was this not it?

Guys, having trouble getting support from Roland even though I called and verified serial number with Roland before bidding on eBay thinking I was getting a good deal. I am missing the easy shape cam software and Roland rep wants to charge $5000 for the easyshape cam software that comes with the DWX-4 mill. Anyone have a copy or any suggestions?

Zeleo

Zeleo

Reaction score
Now I feel like a butt. Turns out it is ROLAND that is refusing to support you not Whipmix.

My apologies for including whipmix into this.

The Roland rep told me that it is the dongle he needs not the software. He said he felt that because he got 20,000.00 worth of equipment for half price he thought he was doing well still.

Heidari

Heidari

Reaction score
This seems very unprofessional of them and upsets me a great deal.

I made sure to speak with Whipmix about this mill before placing it on eBay. I made sure to post details about it here and to get advice on where and hown to sell.

When I called Whipmix The representative I spoke with on the phone assured me that it was all good to go. He went on to explain that the tiny amount of dust in it was because they ran the mill at the show with an already completed product and it just traces over the same path to demo it's movements. They were given it's serial number by me and by you via telephone conversations and here in this forum, I gave them my phone number and name and not once did they or anyone from Whipmix ever say a word about not supporting the mill, or that there was any question of its ownership the entire time it was listed.

Then the moment a person asks about software that is admittedly included with the mill automatically, they claim the mill was lost or stolen from the Chicago show last year, did not file a police report either, and now want to charge a potential long term customer 5000.00 for software they admitted was normally included with the mill.

If Whipmix lost the item for what ever reason, why did they keep silent when both of us called and spoke with them directly and openly about the history of the mill and in addition why did they not file a police report last year?

My cell phone has an app that automatically records every single call.

I also just spoke with FedEx and they assure me this is and was not stolen and was a legitimate item sold at their auction.

If Whipmix is trying to scam you out of 5000.00 dollars to punish you for not buying directly from them. I hope they know this does not look very good on them.

I am sorry they are treating you this way and I will see if I can help you find the missing software the representative admitted was included automatically with the mill.

There was a brand new CD in the accessories box, was this not it?

Thank you for your detailed reply. Their is a CD in the unopened package but the roland rep has told me that their should have been a second disc for the Easyshape cam software. As I wrote before, I too confirmed the serial number with Roland before my purshase and everything checked out. It wan't until I spoke with the Roland Rep after the purshase to ask about burs and service that I didn't get this poor treatment.

I have been told by Roland Rep that support and warranty is only provided to orginal owner even if very expensive item is still under warranty. This is very troubling since most almost all manufactures support their equipment regardless of whether it was purshased new.

Doesn't make sense, aside from the software what other manufacturer doesn't let you buy parts or pay for repair if you where not the original owner of the unit? That is basically what I was told by the Roland Rep after my purshase.

Heidari

Heidari

Reaction score
Now I feel like a butt. Turns out it is ROLAND that is refusing to support you not Whipmix.

My apologies for including whipmix into this.

The Roland rep told me that it is the dongle he needs not the software. He said he felt that because he got 20,000.00 worth of equipment for half price he thought he was doing well still.
Too clarify the equipment is bundled with dust extractor for aprox 18k from auth dist. Included 5k software and year of service which Roland charges $1700 for. So added it would be only $1300 less than buying new. Plus no long term support.

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
Guys, having trouble getting support from Roland even though I called and verified serial number with Roland before bidding on eBay thinking I was getting a good deal. I am missing the easy shape cam software and Roland rep wants to charge $5000 for the easyshape cam software that comes with the DWX-4 mill. Anyone have a copy or any suggestions?

Heidari,

Please help me understand why you feel you are having trouble getting support from Roland. During our phone conversation and in follow up emails I have provided you with pricing to purchase a license of Roland EasyShape CAM software for your DWX-4 mill along with other CAM options. You purchased a used DWX-4 mill from a 3rd party vendor that did not include a warranty, training, CAM software or support. You have visited our support web pages which provide free driver, set up and user manual downloads. I have also provided dealer contact information in your area so you can get information on DWX-4 and CAM software training and support options.

-Glenn

Heidari

Heidari

Reaction score
Just noticed that since my last contact with the Roland Rep Glenn Kennedy the support page for the serial number now gives different information. Again thank you for your help:(
view

view

Heidari

Heidari

Reaction score
images

Attachments

• IMG_5801.JPG
    IMG_5801.JPG
    120.8 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_5799.JPG
    IMG_5799.JPG
    104 KB · Views: 24
Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
Heidari,

When you contacted our customer service department before your purchase the agent explained that the mill would would not be under warranty because you were purchasing from a 3rd party. During that call you were given detailed information regarding recertification of the mill and the option to purchase a warranty.

-Glenn

Heidari

Heidari

Reaction score
First off Glenn the first time we spoke you immediately stated that you would not support the Unit for service or parts which really upset me since I had confirmed prior to paying $10k that it would be serviceable by Roland. Secondly the software you have is included with all Roland mills. How hard could it be to give me a copy of a software that you give out for free with your units. You don't even have it for sale! Third I was communicating with you in a friendly manner, and you took my information and immediately change the support info on the serial number. Why didn't you do that before if you are saying the item sale is questionable? Fourth you have dealth with me in a condescending manner, showing me dictations of my phone records with you and Roland support, most of which supports everything I have said. (BTW don't remember giving permission to having my coversations recorded) This is extremely sad and upsetting.

Heidari

Heidari

Reaction score
Heidari,

When you contacted our customer service department before your purchase the agent explained that the mill would would not be under warranty because you were purchasing from a 3rd party. During that call you were given detailed information regarding recertification of the mill and the option to purchase a warranty.

-Glenn
That's not what you told me, maybe you should review our phone conversation that you "recorded"

Heidari

Heidari

Reaction score
You have also removed the option to recertify/ extend warranty as of today based on our coversations yesterday. See images I posted.

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
First off Glenn the first time we spoke you immediately stated that you would not support the Unit for service or parts which really upset me since I had confirmed prior to paying $10k that it would be serviceable by Roland. Secondly the software you have is included with all Roland mills. How hard could it be to give me a copy of a software that you give out for free with your units. You don't even have it for sale! Third I was communicating with you in a friendly manner, and you took my information and immediately change the support info on the serial number. Why didn't you do that before if you are saying the item sale is questionable? Fourth you have dealth with me in a condescending manner, showing me dictations of my phone records with you and Roland support, most of which supports everything I have said. (BTW don't remember giving permission to having my coversations recorded) This is extremely sad and upsetting.

I am sorry you are upset. You purchased your used mill from a 3rd party who is not an authorized Roland reseller. Roland has no control over the condition of a used item and therefore does not provide a warranty. In your email to me you said that during your conversation with Roland DGA on January 30th that you were told the item had a warranty. To confirm your story a recording of the conversation was reviewed. I verified that the support agent told you the item did not have a warranty and that she provided you with options to recertify the mill and purchase an extended warranty. A review of this thread from the beginning will confirm that I have been helpful and provided you with as much information as possible to help you get your used mill up and running. By partnering with an authorized Roland reseller you can fill in the items that were missing from your purchase and move forward with your production plans.

-Glenn

Heidari

Heidari

Reaction score
I am sorry you are upset. You purchased your used mill from a 3rd party who is not an authorized Roland reseller. Roland has no control over the condition of a used item and therefore does not provide a warranty. In your email to me you said that during your conversation with Roland DGA on January 30th that you were told the item had a warranty. To confirm your story a recording of the conversation was reviewed. I verified that the support agent told you the item did not have a warranty and that she provided you with options to recertify the mill and purchase an extended warranty. A review of this thread from the beginning will confirm that I have been helpful and provided you with as much information as possible to help you get your used mill up and running. By partnering with an authorized Roland reseller you can fill in the items that were missing from your purchase and move forward with your production plans.

-Glenn
Really Glenn,
Because as of yesterday you update my product support page with a big red no next to where it says eligible for extended support. Not able to purshase extended support through authorized Roland Dealer.

Well, I guess you need to post a response.

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
The mill you purchased was registered in your name after you contacted Roland technical support. That change of ownership propagates through our database and changed any status that you see for the mill. You can still have the mill recertified by Roland and if it qualifies you can purchase an extended warranty.

Heidari

Heidari

Reaction score
The mill you purchased was registered in your name after you contacted Roland technical support. That change of ownership propagates through our database and changed any status that you see for the mill. You can still have the mill recertified by Roland and if it qualifies you can purchase an extended warranty.
Just checked, not registered. So If I pay recertification fee and $1799 fee, will it then be possible to get a replacement copy of bundled easyshape Cam software?

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
Just checked, not registered. So If I pay recertification fee and $1799 fee, will it then be possible to get a replacement copy of bundled easyshape Cam software?
When you contacted Roland technical support the machine was registered in your name. You purchased a used mill from a 3rd party. You can contact the person that sold you the mill to see if they can provide you with CAM software. If they can not provide CAM software you can purchase a replacement copy of Roland EasyShape CAM software from Roland DGA or you can contact an authorized Roland reseller or the other vendors who have reached out to you on this forum to purchase CAM software for your mill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom