Best Mill for PMMA & Zirconia

D

DaveId

Solutions
Reaction score
Totally understand your sentiments on FB. I stopped posting on my personal FB page during the pandemic. I didn't totally delete my FB because the FB groups I use for work like 3Shape and PM7 and Asiga are essential resources for me.

If we were ever going to emax, we would have a second mill dedicated to milling wet.
We did. We had a Cerec MCXL which was a beast. It died and corporate said $3000 to repair it was unreasonable as we don't sell enough Emax to justify it. We have our Ivoclar sales rep trying to get some on-site support to address the Emax issues we have.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
if not an ivoclar mill for milling emax blocks....which seems stupid....what are people using and having success with?

D

DaveId

Solutions
Reaction score
if not an ivoclar mill for milling emax blocks....which seems stupid....what are people using and having success with?
Our Sirona Cerec MCXL was a beast, 15-20 minutes for a veneer 20-30 for a full contour crown. It used 4 tools simultaneously to rip through with little nesting work. You import, mark the margin, pick a blank, position & mill. They hardly ever failed, sometimes we would struggle with certain areas (especially on veneer cases) where the mill would constantly inform you the burr might be defective, but much less hassle than the PM7 which always struck me as odd.

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
I have had some consistent results with the Roland DWX42w with Emax CAD

Way more successful than I ever got with the Versamill 5xs.. sorry Axsys..

Last edited:
Top Bottom