Just got Dwx-4 Roland Mill, what burs for Lava Ultimate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heidari

Heidari

Reaction score
I am very new to milling. Dwx-4 has room for 2 tools. What tools are recommended for Lava Ultimate? Would it be the same or Enamic?
Thank You

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
Roland offers tools specifically designed for composite restoratives. You can order them from your reseller or from our online store: www.rolanddgastore.com
PRODUCT NUMBERs: ZDB-30D-HY, ZDB-50D-HY, ZDB-100D-HY

Description:
This 2.0 mm special coated end mill (Product #ZDB-100D-HY) is designed for use with Roland DWX-4 and DWX-50 dental mills and has been specially designed for dry milling new materials like, VITA ENAMIC® hybrid ceramic and 3M™ ESPE™ Lava™ Ultimate CAD/CAM Restorative pin-type blocks. This tool is only for use with hybrid or nano-composite approved materials.

Heidari

Heidari

Reaction score
Hi Glenn,
I just finished installing the drivers and connecting the dwx-4 per the manual. Did not see a cd for easyshapecam in the package and their is no instructions in the manual regarding the easyshapecam. Am I missing something?

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
Heidari,

Roland DGA (Digital Group America) bundles EasyShape CAM with the DWX-4 in our region. In other regions it might be offered as an option. Who did you buy your DWX-4 from?

-Glenn

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
Heidari,

Thank you for the phone call. I am glad I was able to help and I look forward to seeing your work.

-Glenn

Heidari

Heidari

Reaction score
Hi again Glenn,
Which two of the composite burs do you recomend? .6mm and 2mm Or. 1mm and 2mm. I was thinking .6 and 2 so I would have gross reduction and detail. Also what happens if you use other types of burs with Lava ultimate instead of new composite burs?

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
You can use carbide ball end mills with LAVA Ultimate. The sizes and tool type depend on the CAM strategies. Some people use a 2mm and 1mm strategy for speed while others use a 1mm .8 or .6 for better anatomy.

EGE

EGE

Reaction score
Heidari, interesting, where are you based ? who did you buy your DWX-4 from ? Is it a secret ?

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score
Hi Heidari. We offer the zirconia blocks and burs for your mill. Here's the prices....

*76x40x14 HS or HT = $38 each

*76x40x16 HS or HT = $45 each

*76x40x22 HS or HT = $66 each

Carbide burs for your mill....

.6 - #1 - #2 - = $21 each

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Carbide burs for milling zirconia???

Heidari

Heidari

Reaction score
Ron,
Are your milling burs tested on Lava Ult and Vita Enemic or just zirconia.
Hi Heidari. We offer the zirconia blocks and burs for your mill. Here's the prices....

*76x40x14 HS or HT = $38 each

*76x40x16 HS or HT = $45 each

*76x40x22 HS or HT = $66 each

Carbide burs for your mill....

.6 - #1 - #2 - = $21 each
R

Heidari

Heidari

Reaction score
Heidari, interesting, where are
Heidari, interesting, where are you based ? who did you buy your DWX-4 from ? Is it a secret ?
Ege, I am in Orange County, California although I love France, Bought the mill from EBay.

Ps: I love Le Relais de l'Entrecôte and Le Philosphe in Paris.

Heidari

Heidari

Reaction score
Guys, having trouble getting support from Roland even though I called and verified serial number with Roland before bidding on eBay thinking I was getting a good deal. I am missing the easy shape cam software and Roland rep wants to charge $5000 for the easyshape cam software that comes with the DWX-4 mill. Anyone have a copy or any suggestions?

EGE

EGE

Reaction score
Heidari, I visit California 3 times per year, love the beaches and "menage à trois", we are based in Lyon, south of Paris, very nice place for restaurants.

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score
Ron,
Are your milling burs tested on Lava Ult and Vita Enemic or just zirconia.

R

Burs are for zirconia. One of my good customers has a DWX-4. Maybe he can help you out with questions you might have.

Heidari

Heidari

Reaction score
Burs are for zirconia. One of my good customers has a DWX-4. Maybe he can help you out with questions you might have.
Great could you please put me in touch with your customer. My email is [email protected] and number is 310-666-5454

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom