Roland DWX - 50 B motor position lost error

M

Mahindi

Reaction score
Hello Everyone, I have an issue where my Roland DWX 50 milling machine keeps giving me B motor position lost error message whenever I am milling a long bridge more than 3 units. Has anyone got the same issue and how did you solve it? I have tried recalibrating several times, adjusting my designs and also constantly cleaning the milling waste but nothing is working so far. I keep getting the exact same error each time. Could it be something I am overlooking? Sometimes the error occurs when the machine is about to exchange tools. Usually it happens when there are only a few minutes left to completion of the milling operation.

C

cosmetic1

Reaction score
Remove the B motor cover and turn the belt and motor with your fingers to see if the clamp turns smoothly. If it is tight, lubricate the shaft of the clamp. repeat it a couple of times and turn it smoothly and try . If that doesn't work, you'll need to change the motor or belt. But now Roland trades in an old machine for $ 4000.

C

Calton

Reaction score
Hello, does anyone have advice for "A motor position lost"? I usually have to re-lubricate rails, and recalibrate and it will for for X time, then I'll start getting the error again. Do you know where motor "A" is located?

C

cosmetic1

Reaction score
I didn't get a reply, but did the b motor get fixed? The location of the A motor is the case to the right of the clamp. Remove the cover in the same way, check the movement like the b motor, and add oil until it moves smoothly.

C

Calton

Reaction score
I didn't get a reply, but did the b motor get fixed? The location of the A motor is the case to the right of the clamp. Remove the cover in the same way, check the movement like the b motor, and add oil until it moves smoothly.
Awesome thank you for the info. Five

A

andreimihu

Reaction score
Hi cosmetic1,

I have the same problem with the Z motor position. Do you have any idea where is it?
Thank you!

C

cosmetic1

Reaction score
DWX-50 This machine always has dust problems. The problem with the Z position is the same as the others. Turn off the power and After removing the cover on the back of the spindle and cleaning it thoroughly, apply oil to the pulleys, etc., but make sure that no oil gets on the belt.
If you move it by hand and it moves smoothly, there should be no problem. If the belt tension is loose, it may need to be changed.

D

DIMADEL

Reaction score
Don’t put oil in to the pulleys….

D

DIMADEL

Reaction score
Pulleys are ball bearings, very cheap to change

T

Timfillo

Reaction score
Hi. I receive B motor position lost error constantly. But I can’t figure out which motor is actually B?

C

Carlos cartagena

Reaction score
Hello Has anyone solved the B Y axis motor problem?

R

rubydental

Reaction score
Hello everyone help me
Ronald DWX 50 y motor postion is lost

Top Bottom