Is this printer good ?

2oothguy

2oothguy

Reaction score
@Adi, look into the Phrozen Shuffle, it's only $800 USD, same specs, built like a tank, easy to service and parts are cheap.
Are you using this printer? We are looking for a printer to print a occasional models. How about the materials? Can you use other brands? How is there support?

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Are you using this printer?
Not yet, just got mine last week, had not time to set it up. Looked at a few in that price range, it looks like this should give the best bang for the buck IMO
How about the materials? Can you use other brands?
You can use anything which cures at 405 nm wavelength, most of the resins do.
How is there support?
Prolly nonexistent apart from user forums... being a DIY type, I don't care much for support anyway. The whole thing is open-source (driven by a Raspberry Pi),programmable and user serviceable...built mostly from off-the-shelf parts.
32267 32268

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
Please check out this technical specifications for this printer before I buy it for 3500$ View attachment 32243
Formlans is producing a bigger and better platform than the previous one. Should be in the market soon for the approximate price of 5k.

Wainwright

Wainwright

Reaction score
Formlans is producing a bigger and better platform than the previous one. Should be in the market soon for the approximate price of 5k.
Where did you hear this?

Wainwright

Wainwright

Reaction score
From a Zhan rep at the Florida meeting and e-mail from formlabs.

Ah, okay. Its a mix of information. Half true, like most things. : )

The Form 3 is around 4k but has the same size build plate as the Form 2, 5.7" x 5.7" or 14.5 x 14.5 cm. The Form 3L was also announced, it is not shipping until the end of the year. The Form 3L has a massive build size at 7.9" x 13.2" or 20 x 33.5 cm, it has two "Low Force SLA" (The Form 3 has one) light engines and will be around 10k. There are several other improvements from the Form 2 on both printers, much of that information can be found on the announcement post here on DLN: https://dentallabnetwork.com/forums/threads/introducing-the-form-3-and-3l.29483/

Just for fun I made the image below comparing the two build sizes. Hopefully this add some clarity.

PS; I know it was a typo but you wrote Formlans, very ironically and nerdy there is a group that meets here at Formlabs every so often to play video games on the "local area network" or LAN that is called FormLANs. If I didn't have a young son (18ish months) and wife at home I'd be all about FormLANs and the mountain dew consumed. : )

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Ah, okay. Its a mix of information. Half true, like most things. : )

The Form 3 is around 4k but has the same size build plate as the Form 2, 5.7" x 5.7" or 14.5 x 14.5 cm. The Form 3L was also announced, it is not shipping until the end of the year. The Form 3L has a massive build size at 7.9" x 13.2" or 20 x 33.5 cm, it has two "Low Force SLA" (The Form 3 has one) light engines and will be around 10k. There are several other improvements from the Form 2 on both printers, much of that information can be found on the announcement post here on DLN: https://dentallabnetwork.com/forums/threads/introducing-the-form-3-and-3l.29483/

Just for fun I made the image below comparing the two build sizes. Hopefully this add some clarity.

View attachment 32747

PS; I know it was a typo but you wrote Formlans, very ironically and nerdy there is a group that meets here at Formlabs every so often to play video games on the "local area network" or LAN that is called FormLANs. If I didn't have a young son (18ish months) and wife at home I'd be all about FormLANs and the mountain dew consumed. : )
LANparty! Wooot!

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
@ Sam you know the problems with your printers in the lets say outer areas due some moving part vs. mirror deflection.

Wainwright

Wainwright

Reaction score
@ Sam you know the problems with your printers in the lets say outer areas due some moving part vs. mirror deflection.

I don't know of any outer perimeter challenges due to mirror deflection. I do know since the laser is centrally located that it can become a bit "egg" shaped as it moves to the outer perimeter. Most of the variability is helped with software settings and in my testing there is a very slight change from the outside of the build plate to the middle, like only +/- 20 um. Even if its only a small change I still recommend nesting fine feature parts like crowns and dies towards the center if possible.

The Form 3 fixes this issue since the laser moves across the build plate as it prints and has curved glass opposed to flat on the Form 2, keeping the laser shape consistent no matter where the part is on the build platform. So we are evolving and improving where we can.

If this isn't what you were asking let me know.

S

smithnovel

Reaction score
@Adi Can you please share you experience with ZP-L1300 ? I need to buy few good machines.

Regards,
Smith

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
That is a helluva build plate size increase.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
thats why i like the asiga its a bed of lights so no moving mirror and accurate right to the edge

V

Vlad Popescu

Reaction score
Have anyone tried Ackuretta Printers? I'm pretty satisfied with mine, a FreeShape120 from Ackuretta

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
Thanks. I saw a $ in front of the price, but I should've known zero would know what he's talking about :)
We have four of them now. Good machine and fairly accurate results.......open sourced too

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
How good can they be if they can't accurately spell accuretta.

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
thats why i like the asiga its a bed of lights so no moving mirror and accurate right to the edge
That has its own issue with LCD masking. The resin has to be sensitive enough to cure under lower light energy so you end up with bleeding. The prints never look sharp...Then you still get dimensional shrinkage. It's not the silver bullet.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
That has its own issue with LCD masking. The resin has to be sensitive enough to cure under lower light energy so you end up with bleeding. The prints never look sharp...Then you still get dimensional shrinkage. It's not the silver bullet.
ok how come my models turn out great ,very accurate and very sharp looking the asiga works! i cant do much more than that. I hear a lot of theories and give a few as well on this site but when something works it works. Its good to ask the questions that no one has before i think this site is the best thing for dental techs.