Flexcera tooth and base.

nvarras

nvarras

Reaction score
I am thinking about buying the Einstein printer. Mainly for removables. Is anyone using the flexcera materials? I received a sample denture from them today and it looks pretty darn good. Miles ahead of the formlabs material. How does this material hold up over the long term?

JonnyLathe

JonnyLathe

Reaction score
I've heard Einsteins support is kinda bad and they don't last that long. If it were me I'd go Asiga, you can print flexcera on it. Rodin is a better option for dentures IMO, stronger base resin and more esthetic tooth resins.

Cleo

Cleo

Reaction score
I tried out flexcera on probably 50 dentures, I have rebased almost all of them with acrylic because of breaking issues. I have an einstien printer, and it prints great but the support is poor and yearly price for warranty and support is $2400.

nvarras

nvarras

Reaction score
Why Einstein?
I'm not sold on Einstein. Just researching between Asiga and Einstein. I received a sample denture from Einstein yesterday and it looks great. I've resisted printing any dentures up to this point but I am toying with the idea of printing transitional partials and immediates. That being said. I do have a formlabs printer but I do not like the way their denture base resin looks and I will not use that for printing any dentures.

nvarras

nvarras

Reaction score
From the sounds of things it looks like Asiga may be a better option. I've been using a closed system (formlabs) and have not tinkered with any open systems. What is the learning curve with the Asiga printer?

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
Asiga. the learning curve is a few 3 min videos. Just set up a a new one at a friends lab.. printing without a misprint for a few months now. we have the Ackuretta and love it... should be on your list of printers for sure..

flexcera and Rodin, or better yet Titan when it hits validation

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
I tried out flexcera on probably 50 dentures, I have rebased almost all of them with acrylic because of breaking issues. I have an einstien printer, and it prints great but the support is poor and yearly price for warranty and support is $2400.
no way i would go this route

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
What did you use to bond acrylic to resin for rebase? Or just mechanical undercuts?

Cleo

Cleo

Reaction score
Undercuts and some diatoric holes. The wear on the tooth part seems to be decent, the base just has durability issues. My own opinion is that the material is really hard and strong but can't flex enough.

Cleo

Cleo

Reaction score
Using Flexcera, rebasing in acrylic, or paying $2400 a year for warranty/ support???!!
The plan started out as doing digital dentures and cutting costs, the rebase was added in to rescue the ones already made. I only do the digital ones now on digital submitted cases that are for temp dentures. I do mill out a few dentures and those work good. It is just faster and cheaper to make them by hand. We have 3 printers and they run non stop for models, baseplates, and duplicates, and ortho. I love the technology, just the material is not there for long term use yet.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Undercuts and some diatoric holes. The wear on the tooth part seems to be decent, the base just has durability issues. My own opinion is that the material is really hard and strong but can't flex enough.
I've found that with most resins.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
The plan started out as doing digital dentures and cutting costs, the rebase was added in to rescue the ones already made. I only do the digital ones now on digital submitted cases that are for temp dentures. I do mill out a few dentures and those work good. It is just faster and cheaper to make them by hand. We have 3 printers and they run non stop for models, baseplates, and duplicates, and ortho. I love the technology, just the material is not there for long term use yet.
Nailed it.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
So what do you do if they sink drop it, bust off couple incisors, and plan on getting it back tomorrow?

Forgot/ swallow/ couldn't find the pieces.

Cleo

Cleo

Reaction score
So what do you do if they sink drop it, bust off couple incisors, and plan on getting it back tomorrow?

Forgot/ swallow/ couldn't find the pieces.
Depends how broken it is. If it is really bad I reprint a mono block and new teeth. Then flask the mono block and put the new teeth in when processing.

Top Bottom