Injection System

P

Punem

Reaction score
Guys,I need your advice based on your own experience working with injection systems. I used to have ivocap 6 years ago but really did not like acrylic included by ivoclar . The acrylic is too heavy and hard to shape and polish. What system you will recommend for inject acrylic dentures with quality outcome .
Thank you in advance .

evanosu

evanosu

Reaction score
Been using Dentsply Success Injection system for 8 years, love Lucitone 199. Lucitone FRS is ok, sometimes difficult to polish but overall it's a fairly easy system to use. You can find a used one usually on Ebay.

P

Punem

Reaction score
Evanosu, Thanks a lot for your reply. Quick question: is shrinkage big from lucitone? Did you have difficulties with shaping dentures .

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Guys,I need your advice based on your own experience working with injection systems. I used to have ivocap 6 years ago but really did not like acrylic included by ivoclar . The acrylic is too heavy and hard to shape and polish. What system you will recommend for inject acrylic dentures with quality outcome .
Thank you in advance .

I had the same complaints back when I was using ivocap. I'll add that the flasks are heavy and bulky as well. The denture I made for the CDT practical test was ivocap, and when the instructor came around to break the denture so we could repair he couldn't break mine, lol :) He had to get the heavy duty cutters and pliers to finally break it it half. That's one of the two things ivocap has going for it, fit and strength. Problem is , impressions can be inaccurate or tissue constantly changes so fit is a relative thing . Microwaving a denture comes really close to getting the same fit, and injecting/microwave, I would guess would be the best of the best. There used to be a special injection system for the acronmc/ now naturecryl, that they never worked the bugs out of and that was a shame because it could have been great. The success system can be microwaved, however there is a lot of calibrating that needs to be done. I just press pack everything now, but if a good microwave acrylic/injection system that's light weight and economical comes along, that's what I would buy.
PS. Lucitone press pack is great, trial pack and follow instructions and the shrinkage is minimal.

P

Punem

Reaction score
Appreciate for your detailed response.It helps a lot.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Thank you in advance .
Snowrock. can inject any material. and the injections come out basically ready to polish. had my tech comment on it just this morning.

P

Punem

Reaction score
Thank you ! For how long you’ve been using Snowrock? Is it easy to shape and polish ?

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Thank you ! For how long you’ve been using Snowrock? Is it easy to shape and polish ?
we have had the full snowrock system for 3-4 months now i think. but been using snowrock for about a year through outsourcing flexibles.
its SUPER easy to work with and polish. forget all you know about working with flexibles, snowrock is waaaaaay easier and better to work with.

Top Bottom