Injection Molding - DFW

J

JFisch27

Reaction score
Are there any removable labs in the Dallas/Fort Worth area that use injection molding (ie. Ivocap) to process dentures? I am looking for a higher quality denture than your standard run-of-the-mill denture. Thanks!

Wade Bognuda

Wade Bognuda

Reaction score
Press packing is just as accurate if not abused. The problem is 90% of it isn't done right because why bother it's just run of the mill. No?

droberts

droberts

Reaction score
I have the Ivocap / Ivobase here, but in Iowa. Utilizing 7 machines.
Have to disagree with you Wade, injection has much more advantages than press packing.
Both laboratory wise and clinical aspects.
www.hawkeyedentalstudio.com

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
If you are an excellent press packer and have little distortion congrats your the 1%, but there is no comparison to the tooth bond, fracture resistance, density, and bacterial susceptibility.

JTG

JTG

Reaction score
Press pack or injection, a poorly made denture is a poorly made denture. If your occlusion sucks, you're going to have issues. If the model sucks, you're going to have issues. If you have assembly line production its only going to be as good as the weakest member of the team. There are a ton of other factors going into these than denture base. I've said it before I press pack and have happy clients all day long for years, and I've repaired several ivocap with cracks and tooth pop offs that are newer dentures, if the lab can't make a good product, denture base doesn't matter, fwiw.

Wade Bognuda

Wade Bognuda

Reaction score
Press pack or injection, a poorly made denture is a poorly made denture. If your occlusion sucks, you're going to have issues. If the model sucks, you're going to have issues. If you have assembly line production its only going to be as good as the weakest member of the team. There are a ton of other factors going into these than denture base. I've said it before I press pack and have happy clients all day long for years, and I've repaired several ivocap with cracks and tooth pop offs that are newer dentures, if the lab can't make a good product, denture base doesn't matter, fwiw.

I've owned an Ivocap system. As I said, owned. It is the ONLY continuous feed system, the patent on it is so rock solid no one has been able to knock it off.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Are there any removable labs in the Dallas/Fort Worth area that use injection molding (ie. Ivocap) to process dentures? I am looking for a higher quality denture than your standard run-of-the-mill denture. Thanks!
Are you a Dr,, a lab, or someone looking for a high quality denture?

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I agree, the tech makes the denture good or bad. On an even playing field same quality tech, if you who make a good quality well made denture with press packing and made the same exact one with ivobase/ivocap which one would be better, last longer, have better tooth bond strength, density, ect.

JTG

JTG

Reaction score
I agree, the tech makes the denture good or bad. On an even playing field same quality tech, if you who make a good quality well made denture with press packing and made the same exact one with ivobase/ivocap which one would be better, last longer, have better tooth bond strength, density, ect.
Time would tell, I just don't like it when docs get stuck on denture base vs the whole package, "Lets get an ivocap denture and all problems are solved!" I talk to drs who ask if i do ivocap, tell them no, and they look crstfallen. I tell them to give me a try and when i check up, way less problems than their lab who does the latest and greatest, and they become good clients of mine.
That said, I'm hoping to get an ivobase 4th quarter depending on financials so that I can free up time I'm spending in the lab, but a still trying to way the cost vs time savings.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Time would tell, I just don't like it when docs get stuck on denture base vs the whole package, "Lets get an ivocap denture and all problems are solved!" I talk to drs who ask if i do ivocap, tell them no, and they look crstfallen. I tell them to give me a try and when i check up, way less problems than their lab who does the latest and greatest, and they become good clients of mine.
That said, I'm hoping to get an ivobase 4th quarter depending on financials so that I can free up time I'm spending in the lab, but a still trying to way the cost vs time savings.
That is marketing of the reps on injection. I agree Drs get hung up on shiny things that aren't important. A good set up is all important when it comes to the denture. I will not shy from the fact I think injection is a better denture base than press packed. I will admit it is not the most important thing for a great denture.
When you get the Ivobase you will agree.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I've owned an Ivocap system. As I said, owned. It is the ONLY continuous feed system, the patent on it is so rock solid no one has been able to knock it off.
So, why do you not still own it?

M

Makes Dentures

Reaction score
Sounds like a used car guy pitch... How long SHOULD it last???? As for the BS "more accurate" this has been beaten over before. Dentures can only be as good as the impression provided but can ALWAYS be worse due to technician intervention... 'Nuff said. Lets just get to the finish line and bill it... And is this new wade the same as cdtwade?

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
You're right, but if everything is correct AND you inject, you have a superior product.

M

Makes Dentures

Reaction score
If you are an excellent press packer and have little distortion congrats your the 1%, but there is no comparison to the tooth bond, fracture resistance, density, and bacterial susceptibility.
I have to respectfully disagree here even though I feel a hint of sarcasm in your reply. You are using more used car guy pitch here.................... 1%? OWWWWW!

M

Makes Dentures

Reaction score
You're right, but if everything is correct AND you inject, you have a superior product.
How "superior" do you need it to be? If it doesn't break in 5 years, the teeth do not come unstuck from the denture base and the denture keeps its' color my job is done. I choose not to pay extra for perceived over engineering. Please show me where the superioriority (new word) measurements are posted and we can agree.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I have to respectfully disagree here even though I feel a hint of sarcasm in your reply. You are using more used car guy pitch here.................... 1%? OWWWWW!
Acrylic shrinks as it cures it is proven by material science. In a press packed denture you have only so much acrylic that can fit in the mold. Lets say you can get the top of the flask back to perfect zero without opening the bite you still have shrinkage which leads to distortion.