I need to buy a nice used scanner. I found a bunch on ebay but don't know what to pick.

V

Victor DQ

Reaction score
Just a small piece of advice:

Cheaper, Faster, Better. Pick 2
Cheaper, Larger scan area up to 100mm. I am ok with 20micron if that sacrifices for size

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
T
Cheaper, Larger scan area up to 100mm. I am ok with 20micron if that sacrifices for size
The meaning of that phrase is you can have
Cheaper and Faster, but quality will suffer
Cheaper and Better, but not so fast
Faster and Better, but you'll need to carry your credit card on a pillow for a few days.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
20 micron is + or -. Thats a potential 40 micron open margin.
From the scanner alone. It's easy to forget the errors stack. Burr inconsistancies, mill inconsistancies, cam's error range, moon phases,barometric pressure changes, which foot you put in the lab first that day...

V

Victor DQ

Reaction score
T

The meaning of that phrase is you can have
Cheaper and Faster, but quality will suffer
Cheaper and Better, but not so fast
Faster and Better, but you'll need to carry your credit card on a pillow for a few days.
Ok, then Cheaper and Better, but not so fast

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Ask the "devil "about a stonebitch with Exocad the devil is the not named guy in the 3d ....rum

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Have a Medit Blue available......

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
I am seriously considering Shining 3D AutoScan - DS. I don't know which version.
I am wondering what is the maximum scanning area though. I send Shining 3D email request for the spec sheets.
I've been waiting to hear some real world experience on these as well.

V

Victor DQ

Reaction score
I am going with Shining 3D because its got the biggest scan area, 100 x 100 x 75mm
I can do some reverse engineering with it scanning some toy dinosaurs, modify and cast in metal.
Thanks everyone for the great inputs. I learned a lot about dental scanners

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I am going with Shining 3D because its got the biggest scan area, 100 x 100 x 75mm
I can do some reverse engineering with it scanning some toy dinosaurs, modify and cast in metal.
Thanks everyone for the great inputs. I learned a lot about dental scanners
Let us know what you think about it after getting it. Likes, dislikes, is it too chatty, too needy, all the usual when starting a new relationship.

M

MasterCeramist

Reaction score
Blu sky bio has their own desk top scanner. I think it’s now priced at 3000 and comes with model and impression scanning software. I don’t know how it stacks up to the other scanners out there but might be worth a look. I would love it if someone could go to there website and tell us what you think of it.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
real world enough

Attachments

• IMG_1992.JPG
    IMG_1992.JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 32
cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
So no regrets, no bugs or limitations you've run into?
I dont want to repair my car or drive to the supermarket with so no . Joke at the beginning 2018 the software needed improvements but especially since the latest update everything for me is fantastic (there is always in every software space for updates and improvements ) .

user name

user name

Reaction score
Biggest scan area still goes to Steinbichler, esp the new Comet5 11M. :p
900X600X600

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Dude, that is tje Shining 3d scannwr they sell, not the one they have branded as their own.
I know but i would never buy 0.8 cameras and homebrewed software to save what 2 K this money is faster in with the others

user name

user name

Reaction score
In our world of dental, even with a high shrinkage Zr an arch 80mm wide will fit in a 98mm puck, so isnt a larger scan area just for bragging rights, but with no practical application?

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
I’m just going to let that go since I read this yesterday regarding DLN....
“ .....we are friendlier, more civil, more insightful, more mature and more fun.“

.....I’m not sure how I even got in here?

Top Bottom