I can upgrade my DW 3s from 32bit to 64bit for $1000?

• Thread starter Brett Hansen CDT
  • Start date
Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
I got an email today saying I could purchase an upgrade for my DW 3s. This upgrade would allow me to scan more dies at one time, which I don't need, and it would upgrade the memory from 32 bit to 64 bit. The email says that this upgrade will fix the memory upgrades that 3s users have been experiencing since the latest software version came out a couple months ago.

I have a couple of questions. First, what does the 32 bit to 64 bit upgrade actually do? Secondly, is this worth it? Maybe I am missing something, but why would I pay $1000 for an upgrade to help fix a memory problem in my 3s? Am I missing something?

ice_pascu

ice_pascu

Reaction score
Where from did you get the email from dental wings?,i am speaking to the boss from DW and he telld me that the upgrate will be windows and some RAM,i am whaiting for the drivers for S5 64bits, i buyed a killer pc and no drivers but will be out soon(hope).

Last edited:
Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
The email came from Zahn which is the company that sells Dental Wings here in the States.

ice_pascu

ice_pascu

Reaction score
Ok the upgrade should be free.......

B

Buried1999

Reaction score
The upgrade is not a software upgrade, it's a hardware upgrade for 3series which includes additional 8 Gb of RAM and a new hard drive (I guess and it should be so). And, a new multi-die plate which has 12 slots. Plus, the cost of someone who will come to your place to change the HD, add RAMs and do the Win7 64-bits setup.

If it is like this, then it's a good offer. A multi-die plate with 6-slots was ridiculuos.

5series with USB camera are running on 64-bits platform already.

ice_pascu

ice_pascu

Reaction score
I have a 5S with firewire