How many of you mill all of your wax?

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Would you like me to do it for you?

Dang! I think I would have liked to have you do it! But I sent it to Argen after talking to a friend there. Thanks for the offer!!

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Have you tried their SLM frames ?
I think it's called SLM

Once, but I didn't care for the excessive oxidization which got into my porcelain. slm will give you trouble when polishing metal bands because it's not as dense as cast metal.

dpm is much better because they cast the printed wax up for you but they control the expansion..

You don't need radical changes to your workflow right now. Let that evolve when you get faster and better at cad.

Just having your waxups printed will give you time to learn and work at the same time. You can always physically add and subtract to your designs once they are in wax.

basic zir frames won't be much of a challenge either but you will probably alter your cutback designs once you realize that you don't have to bring the porcelain down to the margin anymore.

I use my GC Lustre paste as my liner and internal staining at the same time and rarely have to add porcelain interproximally on bridges.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
I heard you can get better detail but heard trouble casting or pressing because material can expand and crack rings. Is this still true or from old printed material ?
its a controllable thing. happens very infrequently when you have the procedure down.

Solaris

Solaris

Reaction score
Check out Talladium, they have shaded pucks up to 25mm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Doug what makes you choose Bego or Strategy ?
You ever use Argen ?

Have you tried their SLM frames ?
I think it's called SLM

Obviously not Doug! But hope this is useful.

Strategy for FC is a no-brainer for me at this point. No alloy on the shelf, fast clean up and polish because the mostly flawless puck they are milled from. Easy. Occlusal anatomy needs refined, though.

SLM is ok, but no one has ever given me the consistency to be thrilled as far as fits go. Plus, in my experience it polishes poorly where the metal is exposed. I've mostly switched to zr for bridges now.

doug

doug

Reaction score
Al, Bego is the east coast version of Argen to me. I have a long work relationship with Nick and Lou, so that's a plus. The SLM frames are decent to work with, you get what you design. Strategy is where all of y FGC's go. It's a no brainer for that. I had some fit issues with their high Pd alloy milled frames so I mostly use Bego. Bego has a Cr/Co material that some docs like, and I have finishing NP. The CrCo/Pd is just a "Noble" alloy for the docs that want it. call me.

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
Anyone still hand wax? We're about 50/50 right now....milling most major cases but hand waxing almost all of the single units. How did you guys like going from hand waxing to milling all the wax?

Nick

Why do you feel the need to wax single units? You can save so much time by getting the DPM done through Argen. No more investing, casting, cutting off sprues, stocking alloy, etc. You can increase production tremendously this way.

rlhhds

rlhhds

Reaction score
Argen might control the expansion. Expansion seems consistent so if it is not quite how you like just tweak your cement settings till it is to your liking. We are currently beta testing milled gold crowns with Argen and they are comparable to Strategy but since we are a long time Argen client we get a better price on our alloy costs and Argen processing fee at this point is $25.00 per unit.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Expansion and cement space are 2 separate factors.

CreDes

CreDes

Reaction score
High resin content means you should use a 2 stage burnout instead of a speed burnout .

Jensen's first wax has a high resin content and they recommend turning the ring upside down when using s speed burnout. So far it has worked fine.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Wow thanks for all the info Doug, Rob, Cool and Gru. I really appreciate it !!!!

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
We milll wax for all full contour, and frameworks over one unit. Single unit coping we hand wax.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Al, I use Argen for all my metal using DPM (Print/Cast). They also print all my digital models.

As for metal ceramics it is really such a small percentage of my work flow anymore, so its a good fit for me to outsource it. I do not need to cast small batches anymore and or maintain the inventory for such processes. The end result is FAST efficient and a quality I am happy with, and it is at an affordable price.

My gold today is a breeze to finish and the secondary anatomy is way more detailed than anything that could be milled.

For pressing our WAX is milled in-house and our EMAX are spot on. Since you press a bunch finding someone to mill ash free wax is what you want. Not sure Argen does that but I am pretty certain the new investment you are using for LISI can handle printed patterns. I would do some testing but I HIGHLY recommend ARGEN and have been happy with their customer service as well.

A

AaronR

Reaction score
Wow thanks for all the info Doug, Rob, Cool and Gru. I really appreciate it !!!!

Al, Would be an honor
To get you set up with BEGO and do
Some SLM. Give me a call to further discuss 603-268-1549

Top Bottom