How bad is it to mill Zirconia wet

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
they never did. but with v15 software it won't matter. dentists who recognize the shortcomings of their machine will be able to send me scans, or send designs, and i can do any case they want including PFM. there is now no longer an impedance between sirona and labs. with virtually any 3d printer on the market any lab can easily begin to do the same. these dentists can now rid their in house 'lab' bench of their expensive but useless mill and instead fill that space with literally any other in-office dental tool or some sort of Nintendo for kids to play as they get their fillings done.

i really don't care what sirona claims can be done on their machine.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
they never did. but with v15 software it won't matter. dentists who recognize the shortcomings of their machine will be able to send me scans, or send designs, and i can do any case they want including PFM. there is now no longer an impedance between sirona and labs. with virtually any 3d printer on the market any lab can easily begin to do the same. these dentists can now rid their in house 'lab' bench of their expensive but useless mill and instead fill that space with literally any other in-office dental tool or some sort of Nintendo for kids to play as they get their fillings done.

i really don't care what sirona claims can be done on their machine.

They know where you live too.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
and they can keep on knowing that. i will continue to innovate because i love doing it. not because i need the money. lets face it if zirconia fails to be a product that launches well for sirona, theres not a lot of stops they can pull out before they are forced to re-work their entire machine lineup to get into larger volume. but by the time they do that they will be so far behind the curve they won't matter.

sirona being bought by dentsply may mean dentsply wants to sell more to dentists but it also means sirona will have to cater at least a little bit to labs. they have done this little bit by opening their software and summarily knelled their own ironic death.

since last IDS when 3shape 'announced' (and recanted) their 3shape-for-chairside-singles what happened? not a peep. videos removed. forget what you saw! next year IDS what do i expect? not a single advance in sirona software or hardware worthy of the name v17. sirona will not have advanced into in-office 3dprinting. no way in hell.

ask a dentist who paid over 110k three years ago to pay again 100k for their 'benchtop' introductory 3dprinter. hell to the no. it might do resin but it wont print a finished unit. ask them to buy another puck mill at 110k again. fukc you.

will sirona buckle and start selling their shyte benchtop mills less than planmill? not a chance.

they are dead in the water grasping at the very weeds dragging them under. theyve oversold expensive useless machines, have no buyback policy, and no forward plan except to improve on their already useless doorstop. they can know where i live. i'll be ready to accept resumes.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
since last IDS when 3shape 'announced' (and recanted) their 3shape-for-chairside-singles what happened? not a peep. videos removed. forget what you saw! next year IDS what do i expect? not a single advance in sirona software or hardware worthy of the name v17. sirona will not have advanced into in-office 3dprinting. no way in hell.
Have you heard about the partnership with ios and the TS150? Mills sintered Zr chair side in about an hour along with Obsidian and Enamic. Set up to work with iTero, Tru Def, and....Trios.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
still only good for 1 unit at a time, can't do implants, and is 3 axis.

it is nothing to be concerned about.

you know what is? Versamill 5x-200. for a Quarter of the price of cerec you get all the function of a lab, including roundhouse, titanium, abutment, and up to 6 units of blueblocks at a time. any dentist then only needs to employ a knowledgable operator, and get any IOS device they like, and the office never needs to take another impression. not for implants, not for roundhouses, nothing. they also need never worry about expanding technology, nor advances in materials.

that's the lab killer.

because it is a machine a lab would use.

no lab in their right mind employs a cerec. not even for its rightful purpose of keeping the door open in the summer.

imes450-850. DMGultrasonic20. these are machines labs buy, and dentists looking to cut their lab bill literally need to absorb what constitutes a lab.

DevonR

DevonR

Reaction score
back to topic: it's not bad to wet mill zirconia with water. (just make sure it's water and not an oil)

I'ts actually better in a way to wet mill zirconia, longer tool life, smooth finish

dry milling leaves more milling lines, shorter tool span, but no wait times to dry and dip the crown

I've done both, we currently dry mill because at the end of the day when you worked a bit late and you just want to get the crowns in the sinterring oven and go have dinner.. you can.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
correct me if i'm wrong but when wet milling zirconia its probably not necessary to use diamond coated tools either. the slurry would cling to the tool and crust it all up and actually cause a blowout.

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
I'm not worried about wait times at this point. I only have about a hundred things milled a month right now.

Aggrey Abwonza

Aggrey Abwonza

Reaction score
We have a 350i with a loader, and it has a wet milling option. Can it mill Pmma, pic, wax, etc dry? Am I likely to experience problems if I did a wet milling?

Sent from my TECNO-M6S using Tapatalk

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I would imagine you wouldn't want to mill wet then try to mill something dry.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
We have a 350i with a loader, and it has a wet milling option. Can it mill Pmma, pic, wax, etc dry? Am I likely to experience problems if I did a wet milling?

Yes you can use single flute burrs for pmma and wax some pmmas tend to overheat with 2 flutes depended on which brand , with single flute you have better fit and surface too strats are inkl. in 350 for both. If you have problems with overheat its normally the 2,5 burr 2 flutes just add M 8 M 9 for water the smaller dont need . With this bitch you can do what you want no problem switch wet dry just clean 5 min and i would change the water every time . The mill is dry if starting wet fill the tank if finished empty tank and clean.

Aggrey Abwonza

Aggrey Abwonza

Reaction score
Thanks.

DevonR

DevonR

Reaction score
correct me if i'm wrong but when wet milling zirconia its probably not necessary to use diamond coated tools either. the slurry would cling to the tool and crust it all up and actually cause a blowout.

the only time i use diamond coated is to cut eMax

carbide, 3 flutes for zirconia

N

Newdent

Reaction score
Hello everyone
I having problem with wet mill , first framework did not absorb coloring liquid , second after sintering the color in not good have bright color.
Can someone help

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone
I having problem with wet mill , first framework did not absorb coloring liquid , second after sintering the color in not good have bright color.
Can someone help
If you could explain your drying process between removal from mill and coloring, the geniuses here (not me!) could be able to have enough info to make helpful comments.

And welcome back!

N

Newdent

Reaction score
Thanks JMN

So after milling wet i dry in lamp 30-40 min then wait to cool down, then i color with color liquid water based, then dry again in lamp for 30 min after that i put in sintering owen for sinter.
After sintering color is not as dry mill there is no exactly color for ex. A2 i much brighter and no translucency at all.

Best regards

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
This is a strange thread. There is zero reason to mill zirconia wet. Why add unnecessary variables to any process. Would you drive your car through the ocean or try your boat on the highway. Wrong way to get there.
Mill it dry as it was designed for.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Thanks JMN

So after milling wet i dry in lamp 30-40 min then wait to cool down, then i color with color liquid water based, then dry again in lamp for 30 min after that i put in sintering owen for sinter.
After sintering color is not as dry mill there is no exactly color for ex. A2 i much brighter and no translucency at all.

Best regards
your drying and staining method seems correct. i would say it is likely a sintering issue.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
This is a strange thread. There is zero reason to mill zirconia wet. Why add unnecessary variables to any process. Would you drive your car through the ocean or try your boat on the highway. Wrong way to get there.
Mill it dry as it was designed for.

I think we are trying to go back to the Sirona inlab days Bob.

LOL

Top Bottom