Full Arch Splint On Custom Abutments

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Nice job Al

Now you can get back to the other ones that are piling up :)

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Thanks, like I said Ive seen alot better but unfortunately alot of techs are all ninja or stealth about how they got there.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Nice job Al

Now you can get back to the other ones that are piling up :)

I do have a couple of others in the works.

This guy is out for try in.
I made this little wax up that slips on and off.

I keep the centrals to max of 13 mm then below that I usually go with tissue porc. Longer than 13 mm they start looking like horse teeth or long pickets.

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_Green_gr70.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_Green_gr72.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_Green_gr70.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_Green_gr72.jpg

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Yup. Nice. Im curious how many firings do you wind up with, and how much step between temps, or do you refire on the same cycle?

1 Bond opaque that was thinner and at a higher temp.
2 more opaque
1 connection and cervical bake
1 dentin only bake. (I over did that bake and ended up with a line of demarcation between the body and incisal. I couldnt add anymore with out making it too bulky. Normally I under build the dentin build and add some dentin on the tips then incisal for the enamal build. To correct the line I cut some mamellons with a disk on the incisal and added some Bl3 dentin in the cuts to break up the incisal. It worked nice and you can see them in the pics.)
1 Incisal only bake
2 gin and incisal bakes
Then 1 final touch up or detail bake. Defining the tissue papilla etc, underneith, some touch ups on the incisal edges.

So 3 opaque bakes and 6 porc bakes.

But I almost had no contouring with the handpeice and the frame did not move.

If the frame moves Im screwed.
Usually I run it up in the furnace before it goes out for tryin to see if it moves just from being degassed.

I didnt use alot of different powders. I think 4 plus 2 gin porcelins.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Hey Al,
Remember what you said to that Doctor in his lab?...You were right, great job!!!!

Ive learned alot from him, even if he quits sending me stuff I have alot to take away from it.

He is real hesitant when labs use pink porcelin. Says they tend to over do it to make it blend in, making more tissue coverage than necessary and ridge laps, ledges and sharp edges.

Causes tissue and bone loss down the road. He wanted the bridge clear of the supra gin implants and all of the underneith rounded.

Here it is with the soft tissue in place.

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_Dr_20D_drd84.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_Dr_20D_drd83.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_Dr_20D_drd88.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_Dr_20D_drd90.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_Dr_20D_drd93.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_Dr_20D_drd95.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_Dr_20D_drd96.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_Dr_20D_drd100.jpg

And one for the road.

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_Dr_20D_drd117.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_Dr_20D_drd84.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_Dr_20D_drd83.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_Dr_20D_drd88.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_Dr_20D_drd90.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_Dr_20D_drd93.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_Dr_20D_drd95.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_Dr_20D_drd96.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_Dr_20D_drd100.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_Dr_20D_drd117.jpg

doug

doug

Reaction score
Al, you are unbelievably talented!

user name

user name

Reaction score
Im starting to feel sorry for Al. Whos HE going to learn from??

desertfox384

desertfox384

Reaction score
Its safe to say Al has finally achieved Chuck Norris Status on this forum.

"When Al gets pulled over he lets the cop off with a warning"

"Al doesn't leave messages, Al leaves warnings"

"Al can stare you down with his back turned"

"Every night before going to sleep, the bogeyman checks under his bed for Al"

:cool:

amadent

amadent

http://amadent.net/Home.p
Reaction score
Thanks, like I said Ive seen alot better but unfortunately alot of techs are all ninja or stealth about how they got there.

sad but so true- thanks for letting us in to understand and enjoy what you do

Greg Amendola MDT

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
One central appears wider than the other.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
One central appears wider than the other.

It's an optical illusion caused by the curve in the 49th parallel in combination with the mirror. :rolleyes: Can't see it from this side of the border.

M

murtonm

Reaction score
Al, another awesome piece of work on show!!

We too use Ivoclar ceramic (inline & Emax) and achieve some pleasing results.

I have a question for you though if I may? We sometimes achieve unpredictable internal mamalon structure i.e. sometimes it shows through nicely and others it doesn’t show much at all. I notice that in the cuts/indentations of the dentine build you tend to layer affect porcelain (opals or a bleach shade) rather that just layering the incisal. How are you choosing which ceramic to layer in??

Many Thanks for your time & and its very appreciated that you share your techniques with fellow technicians.

Malcolm

CloudPeakDL

CloudPeakDL

Reaction score
Al,
At the risk of repeating what everyone else has said - Bravo- and thankyou for sharing.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Al,
At the risk of repeating what everyone else has said - Bravo- and thankyou for sharing.

Dang Candi I missed you. We went to Yellowstone. Left from Bufallo went through Worland on the way.

When we got back to Bufallo I saw your add in the phone book. I probably drove right by your lab.

My loss.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Al, another awesome piece of work on show!!

We too use Ivoclar ceramic (inline & Emax) and achieve some pleasing results.

I have a question for you though if I may? We sometimes achieve unpredictable internal mamalon structure i.e. sometimes it shows through nicely and others it doesn’t show much at all. I notice that in the cuts/indentations of the dentine build you tend to layer affect porcelain (opals or a bleach shade) rather that just layering the incisal. How are you choosing which ceramic to layer in??

Many Thanks for your time & and its very appreciated that you share your techniques with fellow technicians.

Malcolm

Malcolm that is a challenge. To get predictable incisal effects. And also to do it and keep the incisal edges thin.

Ive seen some really complex builds where they had 7 or 8 different powders mixed on a glass slab with food coloring in the mix and often I cant see all the stuff they built into it.

I use stains now. For emax I stain the pressing then build like normal usually just 2 powders.

Then cut back the facial, but not the length. Then I stain in mamalons and translucent zones, cracks etc. Use mostly blue, vanilla, white, yellow.
Then layer incisal back over it.
Go light on the stain the overlay can sometimes magnify it, esp the blue.

It is so much more predictable for me that way and I can keep the incisal edges thinner and not bulky. It works great for single anteriors also, at least for me.

Here are some. These are simple 2 or 3 powder builds but with internal staining. You can make them as sutle or as intense as you want.

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_sta1.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_sta2.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_sta3.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_sta4.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_sta5.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_sta6.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_sta7.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_sta8.jpg

This is just after the overlay on top of the stain then right below that the case glazed.

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_sta9.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_sta10.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_sta1.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_sta2.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_sta3.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_sta4.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_sta5.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_sta6.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_sta7.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_sta8.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_sta9.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_sta10.jpg

amadent

amadent

http://amadent.net/Home.p
Reaction score
Al, what stains are you using they look nice and Fluorescent

Top Bottom