Full Arch Splint On Custom Abutments

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
"was this case done using computer planning and a surgical guide? "

Oh no here we go :)

looking good so far Al. Picked yp a new account thats still big on using metal, so i gotta brush up on me metal techniques.

You find using the incsial opaque on the tips helps much with the transition?

It helps to tone down the headlight. I esp like it on lower anteriors bridges not on the pontics but the abutments where they usually under prep.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Connections A4 cervial A35

I probably could have skipped this bake but I wanted to fill in the connections a bit where it tends to shrink away from and take some stress off the frame that you get with larger bakes.

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_Dr_20D_drd68.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_Dr_20D_drd69.jpg

Dentin only A2

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_Dr_20D_drd70.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_Dr_20D_drd71.jpg

No movement, or cracks, almost out of the woods.

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_Dr_20D_drd72.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_Dr_20D_drd73.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_Dr_20D_drd74.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_Dr_20D_drd68.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_Dr_20D_drd69.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_Dr_20D_drd70.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_Dr_20D_drd71.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_Dr_20D_drd72.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_Dr_20D_drd73.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_Dr_20D_drd74.jpg

Gdentallab

Gdentallab

Reaction score
Al , why the shoulder dusted on the opaque? What kind of effect can we get from this shoulder dust? I can remember excelco porcelain with the Maxopal Spheres , we used to apply on opaque.

Alistar

Alistar

Reaction score
Al, was this case done using computer planning and a surgical guide?

It should have. I know we're looking to get more use out of our Gonyx. Surgeons don't seem to be picking up on this technology very fast. In our neck of the woods atleast.

Brilliant work Al.

God has blessed you in profound way.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Al , why the shoulder dusted on the opaque? What kind of effect can we get from this shoulder dust? I can remember excelco porcelain with the Maxopal Spheres , we used to apply on opaque.

I only do it for big bridges. It is like a thin coat of opacious dentin or deep dentin but put on with the last opaque firing. The way it goes on it helps to bounce the light around and break up the outline of the frame.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Incisal and some dentin add ons.

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_Dr_20D_drd75.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_Dr_20D_drd76.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_Dr_20D_drd77.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_Dr_20D_drd78.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_Dr_20D_drd79.jpg

Another Incisal and 1st Tissue Porc Bake

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_Dr_20D_drd80.jpg

2nd Tissue Build and Tooth Form Touch add on.

Its very delicate to handle at this point because it is completely dry when I remove it from the model.

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_Dr_20D_drd81.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_Dr_20D_drd75.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_Dr_20D_drd76.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_Dr_20D_drd77.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_Dr_20D_drd78.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_Dr_20D_drd79.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_Dr_20D_drd80.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_Dr_20D_drd81.jpg

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Uggh!!!,,,stressful. looking great Al. Cant wait to see the finished case.

Regarding the the use of different implants, IMHO and experience, patients usually present with existing implants mixed with partial dentition. The restoring dentist now has to deal (scratch deal) "extract teeth" and place more implants usually of a different type and "now the lab has to deal" with all the alignment issues. As someone said above, some surgeons are still not on board with computer generated drill guides. Dont think it would have helped in this case though.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Uggh!!!,,,stressful. looking great Al. Cant wait to see the finished case.

Regarding the the use of different implants, IMHO and experience, patients usually present with existing implants mixed with partial dentition. The restoring dentist now has to deal (scratch deal) "extract teeth" and place more implants usually of a different type and "now the lab has to deal" with all the alignment issues. As someone said above, some surgeons are still not on board with computer generated drill guides. Dont think it would have helped in this case though.

Yes that is the majority of what I see.

I know the techo geeks that spend hundreds of thousands on their computer stuff say why didnt the Dr use it to get perfect placements etc. but so many patients come in with 10 and 15 yr old patch work dentistry and alot of failing stuff that they try to salvage what they have exhisting and work around that and try to prevent any more bone loss.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Ok here it is glazed on the model with out the soft tissue in place.

I think it came out nice. Ive seen better and Ive seen worse.

It went in last thurs and pt came back yesterday to check for final adjustments and he is off to India for the summer. It was a bit of a rush case.

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_Dr_20D_drd107.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_Dr_20D_drd102.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_Dr_20D_drd103.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_Dr_20D_drd105.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_Dr_20D_drd109.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_Dr_20D_drd111.jpg

The Drs #1 concern is future bone loss around the implants and he is very anal about the gin contours and the contours around the implants.

He wants everything rounded and highly polished with no ridgelapping and away from the implants.

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_Dr_20D_drd116.jpg

I have pics of the bridge seated on the model with the tissue in place I'll post later.
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_Dr_20D_drd107.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_Dr_20D_drd102.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_Dr_20D_drd103.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_Dr_20D_drd105.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_Dr_20D_drd109.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_Dr_20D_drd111.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_Dr_20D_drd116.jpg

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Good job Al, I am sure everyone was thrilled with the results.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Yup. Nice. Im curious how many firings do you wind up with, and how much step between temps, or do you refire on the same cycle?

H

harry1

Reaction score
Nice one, do you still have a full head of hair?, mines all gone for far less. Keep up the good work and thanks for taking time to share!

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Holy cow - the 2 words that came out of my mouth.
Man, talent does not begin to describe what that is and a lot of hard work
in the learning process. Newbies should aspire to do the same and Al
should get an adjunct teaching position in the nearest university somewhere.
Where is the nearest dental school (hopefully they have a grad prosth program),
Al? Would you want someone to put in some word for you?
LCM

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I am a very small fry in the world of academics
and dental school, but maybe there are lots of other folks on the web
that can do that hopefully.
LCM

Clear Precision Dental

Clear Precision Dental

Reaction score
Al,

You manage to smash it out of the park....every time!

I appreciate you !!!

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Hey Al,
Remember what you said to that Doctor in his lab?...You were right, great job!!!!

D

Daniela

Reaction score
Outstanding as always. Travis should open a forum only for "AL's cases. Watch and learn "

Top Bottom