FRS vs. Valplast

D

Denturetech

Reaction score
Has any one ever had a FRS partial snap when finishing? Ive had to snap just in the past two weeks and for the life of me can't figure out why...

CYNOSURER

CYNOSURER

Can't reMember
Reaction score
Overheating will make the material brittle. So it's not really a good idea to multitask when shooting these unless you have a timer that SCREAMS when it's time to inject. Valplast heats for 11 minutes but FRS is for 12, I believe. So if you ever forget to set the clock, don't guess. Take it out and toss it. It's not worth the 7 bucks.

D

Denturetech

Reaction score
Broke right ware the denture tooth meets a natural tooth in the anterior. The trouble shooter at Dentsply says 20 min, but for some reason that sounds way to long...

hydent

hydent

Reaction score
I heat mine for 15 minutes at 575 I think if I remember right my rep said minutes but I read the directions and they said 15 (I think). Thats how I have been doing them for a long time now with no breaking problems.

hydent

hydent

Reaction score
my rep said 17 to clarify my last post

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Ah ya gotta love them reps! When all else fails follow the written instructions.
If I were the paranoid type I'd say they're steering you wrong to get you to buy more, but its more likely that the salesboy doesn't know squat and is just pulling it out of his behind

H

HDL Owner

Reaction score
Hello: I think I might try shooting Valpalst as an addition to my product line.However, it all depends on you Lab Teck! If I get enough go for it votes I am there, if most say NO WAY! I plan on saving my 4800$ ( Guess I could sell my Entra to pay for it, a big paper weight for me, LOL -)

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Hello: I think I might try shooting Valpalst as an addition to my product line.However, it all depends on you Lab Teck! If I get enough go for it votes I am there, if most say NO WAY! I plan on saving my 4800$ ( Guess I could sell my Entra to pay for it, a big paper weight for me, LOL -)

You know, after almost 30 years in this trade, I gotta tell ya, when I consider a product line that requires an outlay, my FIRST and foremost question is if I have a built in demand. No matter how great a product is, if no one is buying it, you won't have a demand and you should keep your money. I,ve worked in labs that had shelves piled high with great ideas that never were. Hell, you see ads all the time for folks trying to unload what they paid for and can't manage to integrate successfully. OTOH, if you already know you lab can achieve ROI, that's a big check in the plus column.
If you've got the market in place, I'd consider it.

X

XxJamesAxX

Reaction score
You know, after almost 30 years in this trade, I gotta tell ya, when I consider a product line that requires an outlay, my FIRST and foremost question is if I have a built in demand. No matter how great a product is, if no one is buying it, you won't have a demand and you should keep your money. I,ve worked in labs that had shelves piled high with great ideas that never were. Hell, you see ads all the time for folks trying to unload what they paid for and can't manage to integrate successfully. OTOH, if you already know you lab can achieve ROI, that's a big check in the plus column.
If you've got the market in place, I'd consider it.

X2... If you've got the demand already or feel you can get it I'd definetly consider it. We just started doing all our flexibles in house about 7-8 months ago and am very happy we went for it. We were outsourcing 20-30 units a month thats now done in lab. Not hard to figure how much $$$ that leaves in our pocket.

We started out slow keeping a few cases from our "easier" accounts in house and outsourcing the rest until we got the majority of the bugs worked out.

PCDL

PCDL

Reaction score
After reading through this old thread that got dug back up, its interesting to see the different opinions when it comes to flexible RPD's. Personally, I like FRS a bit more than valplast because 1) Its much more color stable, 2) Easier to polish/repair, 3) Works very well with a cast frame (Cast/Flex combos are my most popular RPD). I have had FRS clasps break when they are too thin, but overall, they have held up very well. I strongly discourage clients using these for immediates, as most do, and I recommend a traditional survey and design for best results...

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
I've sold many thousands of Valplast because it works has a long track record and has great brand recognition. I sell another American brand of flexible at about 10% less than Valplast and get no takers and I like its color selections better.

Vazone

Vazone

Reaction score
Heh... We already make more than 50.000 deflex dentures... Crazy amount ?
And it's have a much bigger success than valplast :)