Formlabs 2 3D Printer?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
layer thickness is but one component of determining accuracy. if you ignore the xy resolution, or DPI, you are looking at one tree in the forest and judging it to be sparse.

LuthorCorp

LuthorCorp

Reaction score
layer thickness is but one component of determining accuracy. if you ignore the xy resolution, or DPI, you are looking at one tree in the forest and judging it to be sparse.

This is true, it comes down a lot to do with how the printer process its information and how your software even packages the data, however at first glance this is a really good benchmark to start your comparison. And in all honesty it is quite hard to differentiate between models outside on paper specs because the changes and difference are so slight you need high precision instruments just to verify small changes.

Toothgnome

Toothgnome

Reaction score
A second item FormLab printed...surgical implant guide and model. Pretty clean!

Attachments

• 20170131_075325.jpg
    20170131_075325.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 242
  • 20170131_075306.jpg
    20170131_075306.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 240
  • 20170131_075242.jpg
    20170131_075242.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 242
rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I got the same sample. The teeth broke off the model.

Clean off!

cr

G

GarryB

Reaction score
Just been over to have a look at the Formlabs2 and am now doing the sums to calculate per model cost and how much extra time it will take to produce in house rather than outsourcing.

We need to budget into the price for the curing unit for the material used to make surgical guides. This is apparently not needed for normal models as they will cure in normal daylight.

Terry Whitty

Terry Whitty

Reaction score
I would love to see some real pictures of real crowns on real Formlabs models that someone has actually done in a real lab.

Let us know how long it took you to setup and print..you know real time, all so real time of post processing.

If some one would do that..it would be wonderful...and if its a fair thing ill get one and do a proper scientific test, and publish a real article. There is a lot of talk , but from what others have said, not much fit.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
They can tell you i think just visible at their German page ( maybe only reseller in Germany ??) they where 3 d system reseller in the past too and have two 3000 or 3500 HD collecting dust.

http://www.cctechnik.com/

I would love to see some real pictures of real crowns on real Formlabs models that someone has actually done in a real lab.

Let us know how long it took you to setup and print..you know real time, all so real time of post processing.

If some one would do that..it would be wonderful...and if its a fair thing ill get one and do a proper scientific test, and publish a real article. There is a lot of talk , but from what others have said, not much fit.

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
Here is a real case. IMG_20170227_095426.jpg

The crown doesn't fit very well. Both the models and crown were printed at 50 micron
I'm sure you could mess with the settings and get a better result.

This print took just over 4 hours to print. + 30min cleaning + 2hours curing

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Two hours curing ? Isn't it too much ?

SiKBOY

SiKBOY

Reaction score
Formlabs are releasing a printable ceramic material.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
yeah but its basically pottery

SiKBOY

SiKBOY

Reaction score
Not sure but they did print out a ceramic teapot so I guess it's water tight.

Z

zahni

Reaction score
That's not really a new thing. 3D printing affects many different industries. There are a few ceramic materials out there and different methods. Formlabs just adapting the materials to their printer so it's more versatile.

Gesendet von meinem F3112 mit Tapatalk

D

dandyfop

Reaction score
I run about 3 sets of quads a day on mine. Fit is great most of the time, but the odd undercut, mushroom shaped prep has given me trouble - like the crown had a rock on the model. My model ordered from Argen for that same case didn't have a rock, so it went out. But that was more the exception. My models at 25 microns looks waaaayy better than anything from Argen/iTero. I'm going to look into calibrating the xy dimensions to custom scale my stuff and see if I can eliminate the outliers. For the price it's a no brainer.

Having the pay for model builder however... That was painful!

T

TaylorP

Reaction score
From my other thread:

We're looking for a lab that can print some models for us with a Form2. Reason being, we need models printed, and we're looking at buying a Form2, so it would kill 2 birds with 1 stone, as it were. Anyone know of someone who could help us out?

Thanks!

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
what do you need printed and what are you looking for? We use the formlabs and have every resin - PM me and let me know what you're looking to do.