Finally Straumann gets it.

How many will utilize this an offer authentic Staumann abutmetns?

• Total voters
M

martintay

Reaction score
I know where tons of etkon scanners are for free if someone really thinks a genuine Straumann is all that.

Of course this will be available for exocad, but you won't see me waiting in line jumping up and down.

Still, there is nothing a 3shape does that exocad can't do as well. Period.

Sorry to deflate your temporary spurt of superiority.
On a serious note what price could you get an Etkon scanner + softwhere including shipping too the UK ? Thanks

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
I thought you wanted to make some $$? LOL

Who really wants to use closed implant solution with One choice for manufacturing each brand of implant? Not me.

I like my open system, and making money. Never paying for overpriced abutments/bars again.

You 3shape guys can have a circle-jerk party with your closed implant stuff all you want. I'm not jelous.

All well and good - until your doc wants an "authentic" or "certified" solutin. Then you have to play the game. Go jerk yourself...

M

martintay

Reaction score
Hello Primus , can you get hold of either scanner +Software ?

P

primus

Banned
Reaction score
All well and good - until your doc wants an "authentic" or "certified" solutin. Then you have to play the game. Go jerk yourself...

exocad also will have authentic straumann and nobel. What is your point? Oh, None. LOL

I know where many many Etkon scanners are, sitting unplugged in the corner. I am busy and have many others things to do than mess with old free things. Sorry.

Make a "Wanted" thread and see what happens. Ask Bob or Larry at Tetra Dynamics in NY. They need the space. LOL

M

martintay

Reaction score
I have a use for one and an obviously willing to pay , but thanks I may try that.

P

primus

Banned
Reaction score
Well, I don't have One to sell you. I sell new scanners now.

Trying to get away from messing with old stuff.

I am just saying that 99% of them are not being used at all.

Seen many of them as door stops.

M

martintay

Reaction score
Ok Primus , sorry to pick your brain. Iv`e posted in "Want to Buy"- what price do you think is realistic for scanner / software ? I have another ES-1 lol + software here in the UK and a spare scanner ! Would it be possible to copy the software to run the other scanner (In a different location ie at home ) Thankyou

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
exocad also will have authentic straumann and nobel. What is your point? Oh, None. LOL

I know where many many Etkon scanners are, sitting unplugged in the corner. I am busy and have many others things to do than mess with old free things. Sorry.

Make a "Wanted" thread and see what happens. Ask Bob or Larry at Tetra Dynamics in NY. They need the space. LOL

My point - Shmuck - was not about which scanner you have to use, but that you have to play with the implant company in order to get an "authentic" abutment, if that's what your doctor wants. Do you ever get tired of being an a**hole?

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Ok Primus , sorry to pick your brain. Iv`e posted in "Want to Buy"- what price do you think is realistic for scanner / software ? I have another ES-1 lol + software here in the UK and a spare scanner ! Would it be possible to copy the software to run the other scanner (In a different location ie at home ) Thankyou

You didn't ask me, but...
New C$2 scanners are under $8k with 1 yr software. Trade in value is $3k-$5k when you buy an expensive new system. Of course you could clone the HD and put it on another computer, but it is unlikely that the software can run on another computer very well since they set it up for that specific box. Remember it runs on Linux, so you would need someone proficient with that OS. With the glut of old equipment out there, you might be able to buy an original loaded box from someone w/o the scanner though.

P

primus

Banned
Reaction score
Jeff,

You once promoted all sorts of brand names.

They come and go. Docs request certain materials or services, and you may suggest other ideas to save money, or provide better value, or better service somehow.

You had good relationship with your accounts, and they probably trusted you to choose the proper materials and process to make a tooth.

When you were send Rx for Lava, did you not suggest your own brand? Yes or No?

I am sure you had many many conversations over the years about this with many different products. Maybe you offered ArtGlass, then pushed Docs to Targis, then pushed Docs anyway you see fit.

When a Doc asks for a Straumann abutment, could you not also suggest another alternative?

Same/same. Do I really have to explain this to you? You are not forced to make a real abutment.

If you still have decent relationship with your accounts, then of course they would listen to you.

Super easy concept to understand. (For most people)

This happens all day long for all sorts of scenarios and products/materials.

Saying you have to give them what they ask for is just B.S. Don't give me that story. I know otherwise.

Scott

Last edited:
M

martintay

Reaction score
You didn't ask me, but...
New C$2 scanners are under $8k with 1 yr software. Trade in value is $3k-$5k when you buy an expensive new system. Of course you could clone the HD and put it on another computer, but it is unlikely that the software can run on another computer very well since they set it up for that specific box. Remember it runs on Linux, so you would need someone proficient with that OS. With the glut of old equipment out there, you might be able to buy an original loaded box from someone w/o the scanner though.
Thankyou Gru , I didn`t know to ask you but I much appreciate your advice. Really all I want is the software . Thanks again Martin.

P

primus

Banned
Reaction score
I can de-encrypt the strauman etkon files btw.
I still find the scanner outdated and the CAD to be lacking.
As far as the actual company.....pffft. You guys are crazy.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Seriously guys please take your little immature pow wow else where like in a conversation please.

Not all Doc would like an authentic Staumann or Nobel abutment. But once you've get one and give him a third party version and they find out you could loose the account. Happened to me, but I was able to salvage the account and provide them with a authentic abutment from the MFG. Of course the abutment cost went up in price cause I had to outsource it to CalCeram and I had to pre wax the abutment on a Straumann wax sleeve and CalCeram had to scan it in on the Etkon. The entire process is still old school compared to the technology today. Etkon has seen its life's span and is gonna fade out now that Straumann opened up, gonna suffer the same fate as Nobel on their ZR copings when lava and Cerec came out. Scott it is simply another option you can offer your doc for more $$$ if you please, but that would totally be your choice ain't no one forcing you to use it.

doug

doug

Reaction score
There is nothing on the etkon scanner that needs to be used in the old etkon software. Everything can be done in 8.5 Straumann Dental Wings. Straumann will continue to support etkon, but there will not be any improvements or changes to that side of the system

M

martintay

Reaction score
These are Etkon - Sheffield Test - Perfect :) Sorry seem to have uploaded duplicates as well

M

martintay

Reaction score
Untouched - thats how it came back from Etkon - and that's why I like it and build in the price :)

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Nice! Not only the bone level implants can be designed custom but the tissue level synocta system is in the package deal as well. Never had luck from other places on getting tissue level abutment but now I have that option and I get a good amount of those implants through our lab.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Untouched - thats how it came back from Etkon - and that's why I like it and build in the price :)

Is straumann still demanding to use only the synocta abutment on the tissue level of are they allowing you to go directly to the fixture with a long screw on these big splints?