Facepalm cases

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I love when I see work come in from other labs, the cherry on top being that this one is from GW. Pt. Sent it back 3x and was still unhappy. Whats not to like about chalk white, overcontoured, underprepped, ZIRCONIA veneers, on a POS printed model. I just have to say, if you are sending out smile design cases on a $hit model like this, you're giving our industry a black eye. No removable dies, open margins, 1 lateral 1.5 mm longer than the other. Pt. Requested I redo them bc I did her sisters veneers a few years ago. Go digital they said, its so much better they said. Bird Do Dr's think they are helping their practice by saving a couple bucks and using their magic wand? Call me old school but this obviously doesn't fly. Pt. loses bc now she has to pay 2 lab bills, Dr loses bc I will tell her to never go back to him once these are seated. Yes I know the model has bubbles, but I didnt pour it! haha 20211015_112933.jpg 20211015_113440.jpg
20211015_113514.jpg

HonestAbe

HonestAbe

Reaction score
PEBKAC (problem exists between keyboard and chair) or PEBSAC (problem exists between scanner and chair) in this case.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I love when I see work come in from other labs, the cherry on top being that this one is from GW. Pt. Sent it back 3x and was still unhappy. Whats not to like about chalk white, overcontoured, underprepped, ZIRCONIA veneers, on a POS printed model. I just have to say, if you are sending out smile design cases on a $hit model like this, you're giving our industry a black eye. No removable dies, open margins, 1 lateral 1.5 mm longer than the other. Pt. Requested I redo them bc I did her sisters veneers a few years ago. Go digital they said, its so much better they said. Bird Do Dr's think they are helping their practice by saving a couple bucks and using their magic wand? Call me old school but this obviously doesn't fly. Pt. loses bc now she has to pay 2 lab bills, Dr loses bc I will tell her to never go back to him once these are seated. Yes I know the model has bubbles, but I didnt pour it! haha View attachment 39554 View attachment 39555
View attachment 39556
Why would doc send it to GW if you did such a good job on sister? IOS is not a magic wand but it does expose poor dentistry and will always show where to place blame.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
This was a different Dr, in another town an hour away. Why she went to him, I dont know, her mom was an asst. at my clients office, who is an LVI fellow. When I went to this Drs website, I see 3 offices, so to me, hes in it for the money, not excellent dentistry. Im not disparaging IOS, or printed models, well maybe a little, but if youre a Dr reading this, the IOS hype is just that, digital revolution! easier!, faster!, more accurate!, print everything even your steak dinner. Looking at this model under a 10x scope, it goes against everything Ive learned in 26 years in this field. Its mounted as a posterior quadrant, it looks horrible. Is the pt. supposed to be impressed by your new 3D tech? Or the smile she has to stare at in the mirror, the rest of her life?
Youre right, it exposes poor dentistry, poor lab protocols. The analog impressions were horrible, took me almost an hour to trim 6 dies. Even with 2 impressions. No good deed goes unpunished I guess...

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
From what I’ve seen it’s not really the IOS, the same Dr’s that can’t take a conventional impression can’t take a digital one either.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
This was a different Dr, in another town an hour away. Why she went to him, I dont know, her mom was an asst. at my clients office, who is an LVI fellow. When I went to this Drs website, I see 3 offices, so to me, hes in it for the money, not excellent dentistry. Im not disparaging IOS, or printed models, well maybe a little, but if youre a Dr reading this, the IOS hype is just that, digital revolution! easier!, faster!, more accurate!, print everything even your steak dinner. Looking at this model under a 10x scope, it goes against everything Ive learned in 26 years in this field. Its mounted as a posterior quadrant, it looks horrible. Is the pt. supposed to be impressed by your new 3D tech? Or the smile she has to stare at in the mirror, the rest of her life?
Youre right, it exposes poor dentistry, poor lab protocols. The analog impressions were horrible, took me almost an hour to trim 6 dies. Even with 2 impressions. No good deed goes unpunished I guess...
Labs have to control the digital workflow, I thought I was going to be left behind back in 2014. Today I type this from my cottage .

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
From what I’ve seen it’s not really the IOS, the same Dr’s that can’t take a conventional impression can’t take a digital one either.
They also make the best clients if they admit they suck.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Return the lab box with a note inside. " lets go Brandon"

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
If I wanted to teach dentists how to do their job, Id have tenure and a couple freshman assistants. Instead Im here posting on an obscure forum, that dentists rarely interact with, pissing in the virtual wind.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Fred Flintstone never met George Jetson but they both had hit shows on Saturday .

Edit: forgot about the great Gazoo.

Last edited:
Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
They used the term CJR at ClearChoice when i was there. It means complete jaw relations. They have all these made up and half way correct dental terms, that way when you leave, you look like an idiot saying things like CJR and WNL.
WNL???

JenCow

JenCow

Reaction score
within normal limits. Like, wtf now I catch myself saying something dumb like that once a week. Thanks clearchoice! There's a whole list of terms that are similar but not quite the same. It's kind of like a cult, you know? You have a hard time assimilating once you've left the nest :)

Top Bottom