Denture type: Upper & Lower Flexi-combo
AND Upper & Lower Howley retainers

Sex: Female

Shade: A2

Acrylic: Dark

PUD replace: #3, #4, #5, #10, #12, #13, #14, and #15

PLD replace: #18, #19, #25, and #31
process and finish
So what happens in a year when the anteriors start breaking out one by one?

D

Denture Dude

Reaction score
Man y’all must be much better at analyzing digital models than I am, which I undoubtedly have zero experience with, so used to a stone 3d model, I see no problems here. Miles of room compared to some of the ****e I deal with. Respectfully. Not enough room for diatorics?

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Well several reasons why this is it not going to work out.

As a stone model user, first thing you should notice is these are not oral scans, but scans of a cast. Cast with questionable sufficiencies.

Secondly, I know "we do it all the time", flexibles are not meant for single anterior extensions, and especially little narrow space fillers unless you're going to use thermoplastic as the filler and not a tooth.

And the whole retainer thing is just bizarre.

I'll let somebody else take a turn

Last edited:
Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score

As a stone model user, first thing you should notice is these are not oral scans, but scans of a cast. Cast with questionable sufficiencies.

Secondly, I know "we do it all the time", flexibles are not meant for single anterior extensions, and especially little narrow space fillers unless you're going to use thermoplastic as the filler and not a tooth.

It said Flexi-combo, maybe they're asking for hard acrylic with flexible clasps. As far as the scan, why can't they just send the model even as crappy as it is. You can always ask for a better one.

I agree about the retainer. Why would they even need one if they're wearing the partials all day? Wearing an appliance at night is like sleeping with your shoes on. The tissue needs to rest.

D

Denture Dude

Reaction score

Makes sense.

Top Bottom