Exocad installation: how is yours setup?

DevonR

DevonR

Reaction score
We recently bought a blazing fast new design computer. I have an 250gb ssd drive for windows and program files while I have a separate 2TB hard drive for data.

We are using MultiCAD version of exocad for Kavo Everest.

The tech is telling me it is difficult to have exocad installed on the ssd and the data saved to the 2TB hd. He said it can be done, but when we get upgrades for exocad it will install them on the SSD and revert to the data being stored there as well. He's telling me its setup for only one drive and you have to install it on the one with windows.

Im wondering if other versions of ExoCAD are like this? Is it possible that we are just a few updates behind. (I know they're up to win 8 already, we have to use win 7)

Thanks!

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Mine is on SSD and cad data file on separate hdd

J

Jorge

Reaction score
I am not at the lab now but I remember I copied the whole exocad directory (folder) into a shared folder and modified a config settings xml file.
There I modified the line that point to the exocad data to "..\..\sharedfolder" or something like that.
That way the data path is relative (it do not begins with "C:\" or "D:\", it begins with point) to the executable program folder, whatever place it is.
I share the folder so exocad can be used -when needed- at a different computer that the one that has the scanner so two people can work at the same time, one scanning and the other one designing (you must put the exocad license dongle in the second computer of course).
Next monday I can be more precice if needed.

Top Bottom