Ep3010 and Ep5010?

Zubler USA

Zubler USA

Reaction score
I have heard Zublers are good, but my ep5010 has pressed 960 cycles with only two issues "most probably my fault"
So I have decided to stay on the same path, this is even after my account was closed at IVO because:
"i do not meet their policy requirements" so if they are reading this, well "I'm still standing"

I understand. Looks like its time to visit the for sale area of DLN or fleabay. Goodluck. Let me know if you decide otherwise.

user name

user name

Reaction score
I understand. Looks like its time to visit the for sale area of DLN or fleabay. Goodluck. Let me know if you decide otherwise.
Het Chris...Is there some way to see how many cycles Ive pressed in my Zubler? Ive been using it trouble free for 10,(?)15 years now. Im needing another sinter oven; whats the word on yours?

Zubler USA

Zubler USA

Reaction score
Het Chris...Is there some way to see how many cycles Ive pressed in my Zubler? Ive been using it trouble free for 10,(?)15 years now. Im needing another sinter oven; whats the word on yours?

There is...I will private message the screen sequence. It's easy.

You know we sell both the Zubler & Mihm Vogt Sintering oven lines. Both have a lot to offer:

The S400 is a really nice oven and has incredible value with all the features it has. The high Purity Speed MoSi2 Heating elements do not contaminate very easily compared to older versions of Mosi2 elements that most complain about. The trays are stack-able. Max heat rate is 100C /Min and the TTC we have on our VARIO 200zr ceramic oven has been employed in the S400 to give it a linear cool feature that really keeps your zirc safe.

The HT SPEED from Mihm Vogt seems to be the oven we sell more than any other. It has six high speed Mosi2 heating elements. More industrial by design the ovens are built solid and perform consistently. They have fewer features than the Zubler, but they have it where it counts.

Of course most all this info is available online at our website. But if you want more info on the difference and whats really going on with heating elements get in touch with me. Since Mihm Vogt sells some of their ovens with SiC elements but mostly with MoSi2, I have been doing some research. I am certain you would be interested to hear what I have found out...

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Hey Chris, while all of this is informative, I'm sure Kurt could pony up the small amount to reinstate your sponsor status??

We don't want Travis living in a cardboard box like a common vagrant. We sort of like him around here.

bum-box1a_pg.jpg

Zubler USA

Zubler USA

Reaction score
Really? Poor Travis. We supported DLN for quite some time. I think we were the second or third sponsor with a banner. Now there are so many that I think Travis should be fat and happy! But if it makes you feel any better,
I am sure we will be back soon. After all, I have been visiting more recently...haven't you noticed :)...Right now it's infrastructure building time. We aren't even attending as many shows this year. Besides, Kurt does not control this end of it. That decision is made by others. Kurt was here a couple of weeks ago..telling us to get busy! Now he is busy in Germany...driving on the Autobahn, running Zubler GmbH and saving animals in Greece with the Dog Shelter he and his wife run.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
While I truly appreciate the sarcasm, it does make the sales pitch more palatable if we know you guys have a stake in the site. So if Kurt is not directly responsible maybe whoever is can loosen their grip on the wallet. It's not that much. Travis has nine kids to feed and put through college.

Zubler USA

Zubler USA

Reaction score
I was just trying to keep it light....We appreciate Travis and John both. This is a great site for support and information. I would like to think we have been supportive by supplying good information and support as well as advertising DLN from time to bring others here. Have a good night 2thm8kr.

biodentg

biodentg

Reaction score
Chris, I did some research on your furnace and it looks very interesting.
But one thing I'm worried about is that the plunger is air driven, very much like a hammer on the plunger's ring. Isn't it a bit risky ending up in cracked molds?
Ivo's is electronic with stop sensor.
Thanks

Zubler USA

Zubler USA

Reaction score
Chris, I did some research on your furnace and it looks very interesting.
But one thing I'm worried about is that the plunger is air driven, very much like a hammer on the plunger's ring. Isn't it a bit risky ending up in cracked molds?
Ivo's is electronic with stop sensor.
Thanks

Thanks for the question. No hammers here, yes the plunger is air driven, but the speed and pressure are ring size dependent. Thus a 100g ring is more gentle than a 200g ring program or a 300g ring program. You must understand, the VARIO PRESS 300 and VARIO PRESS 300.e both have intelligent pressing systems that allow for the adjustment of pressure, speed and intelligent time as well as regular press time. Furthermore, the VARIO PRESS 300.e has the patented Advanced Press feature that can press lithium disilicate much faster than any other oven!

I am sure Patrick and others will agree, These ovens do not crack rings. In fact even some of the less intelligent ovens are not the culprit of cracked rings. Most (99%) ring cracking occurs due to a lack of consistent investing procedure or protocol, wherein the ring develops micro cracks due to improper handling. These micro cracks are then accentuated by the pressing oven. If you look at your rings as they exit the burnout oven and you see small cracks anywhere on the ring, then you need to revisit your investing procedure, because you are either not mixing fast enough, bench setting long enough or otherwise not allowing for moisture to escape the ring prior to putting it in the burnout oven. The moisture inside the ring that rushes to escape when placed in the burnout oven is one of the most common causes of cracked rings. That and misuses of debubblizer that causes finnning and Vaseline happy technicians that get Vaseline all over the ring former's.

1. Bench Set - I see it with Brand X's investment all the time because they have such a long bench set. No one has patience enough to wait 45 minutes. Instead they opt for the minimum time which is actually only meant for optimal situations. As soon as you wait the extra 10 minutes, cracked rings become a thing a the past.

2. Mixing speed - If you look at your mixer and you cant control the mixing speed (RPM),get a new mixer. It's that important. The faster you mix, the hotter the investment gets during bench set. The slower you mix the longer you need to bench set, but some investments do not like being to cold going into a hot oven soooooo...better know how fast you are mixing. This will also help you when the weather changes.

3. Vaseline and debubblizer...stop it..right now! Take your time and pour you rings carefully, then buy some new ring-formers because the Vaseline has probably worked its way into the ring by now. Having a hard time removing the rings without Vaseline? You might be surprised how easy it is with fresh ring-formers. If you insist on using debubblizer then from time to time you will get fining, deal with it. I would say always make sure its dried well, but that's a subjective statement. People tell me they blow it off with compressed air, but if you have noticed that's not a great answer because most of the time your compressed airlines have moisture in them! That is why CAD/CAM machines have to have serious air dryers on the lines....anyone that has bought a spindle knows what I mean.

Hope this information is helpful. Let me know if you have nay other questions.