Emax Veneer Case Suggestions?

2thmakr

Reaction score
Here's an Emax veneer case I'd appreciate suggestions on how you'd go about handling. Stump shade is light"1M1" and the restoration shade is to be 1M1 with opacious tones but not monochromatic. The doctor would like to see some slight gingival color and incisal translucency. That's the color. Structurally the goal is to move mesial of #9 into correct esthetic relationship to #8. My concern is what translucency/shade to press in to blend the aggressive prep of #9 work with the slight prep of #8. I've done a lot of work with HT and LT but was wondering if this may be a case for the Value ingots or a combination of different translucency ingots. # 8 finished incisal length is the prep length with no extension. This will be a cutback and layer fabrication.

And it's never a good sign when you get as much space on the prescription used for a personality evaluation of the patient as for technical information. Input please.
IMG_1076.jpg IMG_1075.jpg IMG_1074.jpg IMG_1073.jpg IMG_1072.jpg IMG_1064.jpg

Alistar

Alistar

Reaction score
I did a case with the V2 ingot. Shade was to blend from 1m2 to Om2/Om3. I ended up layering BL dentin and OE3/OE2 to get into the bleach range.

The result is herehttp://dentallabnetwork.com/forums/f46/first-veneer-case-8284/

I'm really itching to try the Opal 1 or 2 ingot. The Opal 1 presses to Om3 value and I think the Opal 2 would do the same with just a touch more saturation/opacity.

If I was you I'd think of trying V1 or Opal 2, of maybe do it out of both and post the picks so we can see the difference!

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
"I've done a lot of work with HT and LT but was wondering if this may be a case for the Value ingots or a combination of different translucency ingots."

I like this idea you posted. I think I would probably use a BL 3 Ht on #8 and an LT on #9 This way you could at least control the value of 9 with your incisals to help match 8.

2thmakr

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys. In further checking on the opacity of the value ingots I found that they are in between the HT and LT so I'm going to try the HT in BL3 for both although I am tempted to do as suggested with the HT on #8. A little more security for me in having the same canvass under both.

2thmakr

Reaction score
OOPs! I meant to say "trying the LT BL3 for both"

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
OOPs! I meant to say "trying the LT BL3 for both"

That will probably work just as well since these things increase in translucency the thinner they become. Good luck!

Top Bottom