Emax question

S

sml2010

Reaction score
Hi to all

I want use Emax product but i have some question. Can you please help me if you use emax product.

1- for second molar what material should i use ? zirpress or other material?
2- How about bridge between second molar and first molar?

I think for second molar, we can't use emax press material.

3- Can i use emax press over Zirconia framework or we can only use zirpress for press over zirconia frame work ?

4- can i use zirconia of Zirconzahn company in Programat S1 machine?

Thank you for your help

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
start by reading the manuels for all components of emax

subrisi

subrisi

Reaction score
How do you make a bridge between a first and second molar? Very tiny I assume

user name

user name

Reaction score
You guys are being mean. but funny.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Not mean...If you have axial reduction thats a butt or deep champher, wax and press. If its a feather edge prep, design a zir coping with a 360 degree collar and Zirpress.

You can splint 2 crowns or do a bridge, but try to dont cantilever a pontic.

No..you cant press e.max over Zir, you must use ZirPress but you can use ZirPress by it self for veneers or anterior crowns.

But seriously...dont you have the manual?

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
You can use Zirpress for veneers by itself?...who has the manual?...HA!!!

Toast

Toast

Reaction score
You can use Zirpress for veneers by itself?...who has the manual?...HA!!!

You could but why would you want too? Strength would be that of original empress. I accidentally pressed a 6-11 case out of zirpress instead of emax once. I glazed it up and convinced dr to deliver as temps and let the patient "test drive" her new smile for a few weeks. Dr thought it was great service, pt was happy and I got two more weeks to do the case right. If only all my screw ups turned out that well.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
You can't use Zirpress as a veneer by itself, and once you try to glaze one, you'll know why I said what I said...trust me, been there done it...it warps during the glaze cycle every time.

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
What is with this thread? Seems that we as an industry have moved beyond this. Seems like we are getting threads by people that are not even in the industry but claim they are.

ed 3

ed 3

Reaction score
What is with this thread? Seems that we as an industry have moved beyond this. Seems like we are getting threads by people that are not even in the industry but claim they are.

agreed, they are from comics book. I wander when we starting outsourcing brain surgery.

user name

user name

Reaction score
agreed, they are from comics book. I wander when we starting outsourcing brain surgery.

What am I missing here? Its obvious that the OP isnt fluent in english, but but I cant detect that hes not 'in the industry'. Maybe the guys living in a less than affluent region,only gets limited access to an internet cafe and has few resources. Even if hes a patient with very limited knowledge, that still qualifies as 'part of the industry'. Im just sayin', give em a break.

As far as using ZirPress for veneers, its not my go-to material. I prefer e.max LD whenever possible, but Ivoclar does use veneers as a ZirPress sell point. Ive given it a fair try, and it was nice. No better than any other Fluorapatite glass-ceramic ingot, but no worse.

user name

user name

Reaction score
I cant help myself...Do you really wander about outsourcing brain surgery? Im guessing you wandered just a little too late.

ed 3

ed 3

Reaction score
I cant help myself...Do you really wander about outsourcing brain surgery? Im guessing you wandered just a little too late.
Why not. We outsorsed dentistry,isn't it? Nothing is impossible. Maybe pizza delivery will stay here than God.

user name

user name

Reaction score
ed, ed, ed...you missed my point...somebody else tell him.

you meant 'wonder'.

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
("What am I missing here? Its obvious that the OP isnt fluent in english, but but I cant detect that hes not 'in the industry'. Maybe the guys living in a less than affluent region,only gets limited access to an internet cafe and has few resources. Even if hes a patient with very limited knowledge, that still qualifies as 'part of the industry'. Im just sayin', give em a break")

I just think these are goofy questions. sml2010 indicated he/she wanted to use the product. I assumed as a tech. Other patient type people have ussually stated that they are a patient or some other non-tech viewer. I love to help people as much as the next person but to field these type of questions (basic info that is answered right in the manuel) that are easily downloaded from Ivoclar. Seems that sml2010 does not have enough knowledge to be making a 20k investment into emax. But hey it's their money.

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
Ed type slower. I hear ya but don't quite understand it all.

Lets not assume all is about outsourcing.

Heck as far as I'm concerned DDS that have good local techs and send to cheap US Labs are almost as shameful as DDS that outsource to China.

That is where the real problem is. The public is kept in the dark about this.

But I'm off subject. Sorry

user name

user name

Reaction score

Heck as far as I'm concerned DDS that have good local techs and send to cheap US Labs are almost as shameful as DDS that outsource to China.

Definitely type slower Ed. EJADA cant read that fast!

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score

BS!