3D PRINTED NG AND WARRANTY

PRO ARTS DL

PRO ARTS DL

Reaction score
Hi all

I was wondering what type of warranty are you offering on your 3D Printed nightguards?

We have been printing them for a little over 1 year using Keysplint SOFT and ArgenFlex (Very similar materials/ maybe same manufacturer)

However we've been noticing more failures closer to the 1 year mark. Most of them are cracking in the posterior area. They develop a fracture that extends about 1 tooth starting at the distal of the last molar and right through the middle of it.

What design changes do you think could help avoid this? Making them thicker?

Thank you!

C

CWilliams

Reaction score
hmmm could be a few variables... thicker isn't always the solution- what's your min occl clearance currently? Are they cracking across the board for all accounts? You also can't control poorly adjusted occls- my two cents would be that they're cracking due to disproportionate bite force and/ or not enough freedom of movement on the plane

G

grantoz

Reaction score
yes i found printed ones didnt last

LuthorCorp

LuthorCorp

Reaction score
Our go to is increasing the occlusal distance but also increasing the functional ramp angle to disclude more severely on cases that we see cracking on. we float around 5-10° of ramp angulation but on close contacting teeth sometimes we push the angle up to 15 or 20°, sometimes even further.