Emax on Gold Post!

R

rabia

Reaction score
did anyone try emax on gold post ? does it bond well if you add opaque on the post to hide the metal color? do you think zirconia is a better option to hide the metal or shall i go for bleaching Emax ingot? what is better cementing or bonding??? :)

A

AL1

Reaction score
I have done emax over opaqued post, its been in the mouth for a while, thats about all I can tell you.

O

odchamp

Reaction score
same here, done quite a few no returns so guess all ok.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
we are switching to zirconia on posts due to the inability to bond.

Bonding increases the strength of emax by around 3-4 x. Less of an issue for anteriors. Last ivoclar study i see was showing around 98% succsess for both methods so choice is yours.

Have done a few LT's on gold posts and got some show through, so i would prefer MO and fully layer if using emax on posts.

doug

doug

Reaction score
We did a Bicuspid Ti implant abutment with LT ingot, stained only. There was enough room to allow the thickness of the material to mask it nicely.

R

rabia

Reaction score
we are switching to zirconia on posts due to the inability to bond.

Bonding increases the strength of emax by around 3-4 x. Less of an issue for anteriors. Last ivoclar study i see was showing around 98% succsess for both methods so choice is yours.

Have done a few LT's on gold posts and got some show through, so i would prefer MO and fully layer if using emax on posts.

does the opaque layer on the metal post affect the bonding?
does LT show through the post even if the post was coated with opaque layer??

sixonice

sixonice

Reaction score
does the opaque layer on the metal post affect the bonding?
does LT show through the post even if the post was coated with opaque layer??

you have several options available with e.max. you can most certainly do these over a gold post. if you will be using an opaque on the gold post, then yes, the LT ingot will work nicely (make sure you opaque it nice and light regardless of the prescribed shade - i would use an A1 or A2 opaque). if you will not be using the opaque then you will have to use the MO (medium opacity) ingot, press a properly supported coping and then layer the restoration. have the dentist conventionally cement the crown.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
rabia, when i say bond, i mean dentine bond which you obviously cant do on metal.

You will be conventionally cementing onto a post via mechanical retention which is alot weaker than dentine bonding with glass ceramics.

R

rabia

Reaction score
rabia, when i say bond, i mean dentine bond which you obviously cant do on metal.

You will be conventionally cementing onto a post via mechanical retention which is alot weaker than dentine bonding with glass ceramics.

it feels funny to call me Rabia when my name is Mona :p

D

dentor2010

Reaction score
I have done an e-max LT A3 on gold post on 6. the doctor asked me to polish the surface of the core, and I had almost 2 mm. of space on the buccal. It never showed through.

C

cdt54

Reaction score
E.Max

did anyone try emax on gold post ? does it bond well if you add opaque on the post to hide the metal color? do you think zirconia is a better option to hide the metal or shall i go for bleaching Emax ingot? what is better cementing or bonding??? :)

Use a HO ingot to hide the gold post.It works all the time

N

Ncm

Reaction score
We do plenty of Emax crowns on Atlantis titanium gold hue abutments with retentive ridges for cement, and so far our results have been great, there has been no bonding or bleeding issues thus far and its been 3 years now since we have been doing it. We were hesistant at first, however the price of gold made us take the plunge and try it. Whats great for the doctor is less cost cause theres no nobel alloy or parts ordering involved. The only downside to doing gold hue abutments is you have to make sure the design is on point because you dont want to grind the gold hue away.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Try using a brass wire bristle brush on the adjusted metal.It will leave the colour of the brass on that area.

N

Ncm

Reaction score
Try using a brass wire bristle brush on the adjusted metal.It will leave the colour of the brass on that area.

Wow does that really work, or are you just pulling a April 1 on me :D . If it does, is that brass residue safe for clinical use?, im thinking it may not, but sounds like a good idea

Top Bottom