ALL on X work flow and scanning vs impression

JonnyLathe

JonnyLathe

Reaction score
You will be able to print the arches on the asiga no problem. The most important thing you'll need to figure out is going to be the VDO. Since the patient has already had the surgery, it might be best to create a bite rim, then scan and align with healing caps
Exactly. Or if they have an immediate load healing prosthesis that can be used in place of a wax rim.

JonnyLathe

JonnyLathe

Reaction score
I've done a few of these cases. I have a doctor that wants to send a new one to me. The implants have been placed. Is scanning as good or better than impression taking at this point for these types of cases?

I would love some guidance on work flow. Here's how I think it will go:
-Dr scans in the restorative arch, antagonist arch and bite and sends to me.
-I will then print models and design a PMMA prototype on ti bases
-Patient wears the prototype while the doctor dials in the function and the patient determines if they would like any design changes
-Doctor scans prototype after the function and design changes have been recorded and sends back to me.
-I will have a custom bar fabricated by Atlantis and then design the zirconia to be cemented to the bar.

How does that sound?
I think your workflow is a little overcomplicated, see my post about optisplint. I'm happy to help you out with it, I do these cases a bunch.

As far as the bar goes, get Blender. You can reverse engineer a bar from a monolithic design. This will allow you to either mill the bar yourself or outsource it and retain control and save money on the bar. This also allows more predictability with the patient as the intaglio of the bar will be 1:1 with the intaglio of the prototype prosthesis, and no design changes will be needed. Personally, I don't mill anything until the patient signs off on the prototype and little to no bite adjustments are needed.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
I really appreciate all the responses. We will be going a conventional impression route.

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
I think your workflow is a little overcomplicated, see my post about optisplint. I'm happy to help you out with it, I do these cases a bunch.

As far as the bar goes, get Blender. You can reverse engineer a bar from a monolithic design. This will allow you to either mill the bar yourself or outsource it and retain control and save money on the bar. This also allows more predictability with the patient as the intaglio of the bar will be 1:1 with the intaglio of the prototype prosthesis, and no design changes will be needed. Personally, I don't mill anything until the patient signs off on the prototype and little to no bite adjustments are needed.
I love this software. Works great and saves a ton of time and money