scanning impression vs scanning cast

D

daniel mahrous

Reaction score
i was wondering if any one here have idea about scaninng impression on desktop scanner vs scanning gypsum model ,, i know gyupsim will mer more accurete but is it really make diffrence in quality specilally in small cases like singel units and 3 unit crown and bridge

rlhhds

rlhhds

Reaction score
Just saw a recent you tube video on impression scanning. They poured a die trimmed it and used that for the die scan and scanned the impression. My scanners are slow right now might have them play around with it to see if there is any benefit over pouring the whole thing.

doug

doug

Reaction score
Have a friend who bought the Glidewell CT impression scanner.He loves it and it is very accurate. You need to do a lot of scans per month to make it worth the cost, but he's happy.

rlhhds

rlhhds

Reaction score
I looked at the Glidewell unit but could not justify the cost ($130,000.00) due to our volume. Love what it does though.

DigiSculpt Design Center

DigiSculpt Design Center

Reaction score
i was wondering if any one here have idea about scaninng impression on desktop scanner vs scanning gypsum model ,, i know gyupsim will mer more accurete but is it really make diffrence in quality specilally in small cases like singel units and 3 unit crown and bridge
Works fine for me. I would say maybe 1 in every 5 cases I'm not happy with the impression scan and have it poured, usually due to some element of undercut that the scanner cant reach, but for the most part, been scanning impressions reliably for the better of 5 years

rlhhds

rlhhds

Reaction score
Works fine for me. I would say maybe 1 in every 5 cases I'm not happy with the impression scan and have it poured, usually due to some element of undercut that the scanner cant reach, but for the most part, been scanning impressions reliably for the better of 5 years
How many impression scans do you do in a typical day?

DigiSculpt Design Center

DigiSculpt Design Center

Reaction score
How many impression scans do you do in a typical day?
On average between 15 and 20. Most cases on a daily basis are implants so obviously they are poured, though at some point I would like to take the time to build a library to convert impression scans to scanbodies so they can be impression scans too

Top Bottom