E.Max Ring Split...

desertfox384

desertfox384

Reaction score
Throw out the investment, period.....and the liquid,,,,,,,,, I know the liquid is bad without even looking at it...... Its cloudy with crystals in the bottom.....

Shame on you my friend ,,,,, never use old products, and Please calibrate, and keep calibrating at least every 6 months, or if anything changes beyond the norm.

Everyone is sitting on pins and needles.... Let us know when you solve this problem !
Charles

Hahahah I thought to check it the last time I invested and yes .. it does say, "packaged in 2007" :eek: Although it has done the same splitting with another investment.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
I'm stumpped. Could be the plunging mechanism in the furnace, or something simple as a not so clean reusable plunger binding onthe sidewall and causing the ring to split, just a a SWAG (Scientific Wild Azz Guess) One of the many things I learned in the military.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Have you called Whip Mix for tech help....

C

clf59

Reaction score
Emax Ring Split

I have had mixed results when using Formula 1 and a fast burnout-
occasional ring split, Maybe try a conventional burnout. Also, as to your psi,
I have found that when using small plastic tubing for my air supply, I set my pressure at 70psi with no problem(Pro Press 100),But now I am set up with larger rubber hose all the way to my regulator on the oven. I can use 42 psi maximum. Hope this is helpful.

D

dentor2010

Reaction score
This has happened with me several times. Each time for a different reason n
1. The ring had cooled down before putting it in the press furnace (after removeing from the burnout furnace) which develops cracks in the investment.
2. Too large mass of wax and only on one side of the sprue former,. you should always put a decoy balancing wax rod.
3. The investment had expired .
My furnace is Mutimat 2 Touch + Press by Dentsply, and I use a pressure of 2.7 bars.

Gdentallab

Gdentallab

Reaction score
This has happened with me several times. Each time for a different reason n
1. The ring had cooled down before putting it in the press furnace (after removeing from the burnout furnace) which develops cracks in the investment.
2. Too large mass of wax and only on one side of the sprue former,. you should always put a decoy balancing wax rod.
3. The investment had expired .
My furnace is Mutimat 2 Touch + Press by Dentsply, and I use a pressure of 2.7 bars.

what investment do you use??
i believe the major problem of the cracks is the quality of the investment.

desertfox384

desertfox384

Reaction score
Called whip mix this morning, he did not like the 8 minute press time. Said to turn it down to 2 minutes. Pressed 2 successful rings this afternoon! He also made a point to say that with formula 1 let it bench set for 15 minutes or so outside the ring former to let moisture in the ring evaporate completely before putting it into the oven.
Thanks for your help all!

Last edited:
C

charles007

Reaction score
Glad you had a happy ending......

Charles

C

charles007

Reaction score
Glad you had a happy ending......

Charles :):)

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
I cant believe rob gave him the wrong parameters :D:D:D Just kidding Rob ;) You know I got mad love for ya, but I just had to say it. Its my warped mind I have no control of it. :D

desertfox384, glad to hear you finally experienced a happy ending, wait a minute two happy endings , in one afternoon. I'd brag too. Talk about afternoon delight ;)

C

cdt54

Reaction score
E.Max

I'm using E.max ring, E.max reusable plunger and formula 1 investment.. following all recommended procedures and my ring comes out of my pressing oven split from top to bottom! 3 Times this has happened. Im using a pro press 100. Could it be too high of pressure? Its set at about 6.8 bars.

Cut down on the PSI.I am using 63 Psi. On a Pro press 200

P

Paul Drufva

Reaction score
too much total liquid in the mix will weaken the investment. use a dry bowl and measure exactly.

Dentalstudio

Dentalstudio

Reaction score
Emax trouble

Hi guys, I have the same problem. I've pressed 3 cylinders with emax and all cracked. I'm using Whipmix Pro Press 100 and Microstar Investment. Can anyone help? If you have the parameters for this oven, let me know. Thanks.

Dan

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
Check older posts on this topic in the forums, if the settings match, my guess is you need to bench set 15mins in the ring and at least 1-2 mins outside of the ring before going into the oven. If you are bench setting too long the rings will crack horizontally, remember hot ring hot oven. You can also split rings by not having them level or using disposable plungers that are too large(cheap ones that aren't consistent in diameter). Just my 2CENTS, good Luck!

desertfox384

desertfox384

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have the same problem. I've pressed 3 cylinders with emax and all cracked. I'm using Whipmix Pro Press 100 and Microstar Investment. Can anyone help? If you have the parameters for this oven, let me know. Thanks.

Dan

According to Ivoclar you can use pretty much the same parameters for the pro press100 as they list in their book for the EP..which is what i use with 1 exception. I turned up the high temp by about 15-20 degrees. Works pretty good but i get a rather heavy reaction layer sometimes..but if i go to a colder temp i get short margins.Good luck

P

patrick

Reaction score
it is an insufficient hold time increase your hold time ,the ingot is not soft enough causing the ring to split also try using disposable plungers alox plungers splitting the ring is common if not cleaned after every pressing ,also let ring set in ring 15 mins out of ring 5mins and burnout for 1hour ,let me know how it works good luck

Top Bottom