Projet 1200 New Material Results

Cory@WhipMix

Cory@WhipMix

Reaction score
Hey guys, I was able to get some results back with testing the new "FTX Cast" material. We went ahead and pressed a "test" crown to check for burnout issues and it came back beautiful. No fining and hardly a reaction layer. I work for Whip Mix, but I sent a couple test crowns to my dads lab in Michigan to get a true laboratory environment result. Attached below are photos of the results. He used Henry Schein Vest to get these results, but of course here at Whip Mix we recommend Formula One Investment ;). His procedure was as followed: He used a 200 gram ring with 2-100 gram packets of Henry Schein Vest. Liquid ratio was 20cc's of Henry Schein Vest Liquid to 10cc's of distilled H2O. Hand mix for 20 seconds, vac mix for 1 min 40 seconds - total time mixing 2 minutes. Bench set for 18 minutes and placed into a preheated burnout oven at 1526 F and hold for 1hr 30 minutes. He pressed in a programat EP3000 using an Emax ingot.

photostream
photostream
photostream
photostream
photostream
photostream
photostream

Cory@WhipMix

Cory@WhipMix

Reaction score
To open attachments "right click" and select "open image in new tab"

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
question

why did you print it in that orientation? why not print with sprues perpendicular parallel to occlusion? or like 45 degrees ?

Last edited:
Cory@WhipMix

Cory@WhipMix

Reaction score
The print wasn't setup by a technician unfortunately, so they just auto-supported the crown and didn't take the time to manually adjust it. Once again this was a test crown only. But you can adjust how the crown is printed including the size and quantity of the support sprues.

M

mcfly

Reaction score
i would like to see the fit of the above crown please ?

Cory@WhipMix

Cory@WhipMix

Reaction score
Here are some photos of the fit in the printed state. I am waiting to receive to pressing from my dad to post pictures of its fitment in the pressed state. But it should fit equally well.

photostream
photostream

Cory@WhipMix

Cory@WhipMix

Reaction score
Also here is a photo that a local technician took of a casting fitment with the new material. Looks great thus far.

photostream
photostream

Cory@WhipMix

Cory@WhipMix

Reaction score
Hey Guys, Im still waiting to here back on when we will be stocking the new projet material "FTX Cast" here at Whip Mix. As soon as i find out, ill let you know!

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Hey Guys, Im still waiting to here back on when we will be stocking the new projet material "FTX Cast" here at Whip Mix. As soon as i find out, ill let you know!
is anyone stocking it yet?

Cory@WhipMix

Cory@WhipMix

Reaction score
I have not heard anything from other suppliers. On my end, I am pushing to get it as soon as possible. @sidesh0wb0b What is your phone number and as soon as we stock it, I personally will call and let you know!

CAD-CAM Jedi

CAD-CAM Jedi

Reaction score
@sidesh0wb0b I purchased our case from CadBlu. Just visit their website for their phone number.

Cory@WhipMix

Cory@WhipMix

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals, I just caught wind that we are able to take orders of the "FTX Cast" Material here at Whip Mix. Call us at (800) 626-5651 ext 1437.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals, I just caught wind that we are able to take orders of the "FTX Cast" Material here at Whip Mix. Call us at (800) 626-5651 ext 1437.
great, should have read further along earlier haha
thank you again

Cory@WhipMix

Cory@WhipMix

Reaction score
Here are some photos of the test crown being cast in Harmony 2 using Microstar HS investment. enjoy. Marvin Lambertson @Labmanmarv of Heartland Dental Laboratory said these exact comments "Dense casting, no porosity. Smooth finish. Very good results"

photostream
photostream

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Here are some photos of the test crown being cast in Harmony 2 using Microstar HS investment. enjoy. Marvin Lambertson @Labmanmarv of Heartland Dental Laboratory said these exact comments "Dense casting, no porosity. Smooth finish. Very good results"

photostream
photostream
cory we gotta get you uploading pics properly! lol

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
at least use photobucket

Cory@WhipMix

Cory@WhipMix

Reaction score