Dsign opaque with Inline Porcelain

D

Damo

Reaction score
Hello all!

Anybody using dsign opaque with inline cream? Have been using dsign porcelain for years and I love it! However with the advent of milled cobalt chrome we have had to start using inline cream, but the opaque is a pain in the a**... Mabye somebody has tried it?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
What is the firing temperature of both porcelains? What is the CTE of both, do they match?

A

adl

Reaction score
Design opaque is lower temp. Don't do it,it won't work. I have never try it though and I never will.you don't need the headache.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
However with the advent of milled cobalt chrome we have had to start using inline cream...

Are you sure you can not use the d.Sign powders? Who has been advising you? I have been using it on structures like ISUS (Cobalt-Chrome) from Dentsply! I found d.Sign to be a very versatile porcelain.

D

Damo

Reaction score
CTEs are definitely different! Years ago I used to put dsign on cobalt chrome c & b frames, however when we started to use procera CrCo we had constant fractures, which we solved by using inline on nobel biocares instruction. Then when we started using ISUS and Cara implant frameworks we again had stress fracture problems.. Now having done hundreds of frames with inline porcelain and a slow cooling cycle we have 0 problems - other than the opaque paste being a pain to apply!

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
CTEs are definitely different! Years ago I used to put dsign on cobalt chrome c & b frames, however when we started to use procera CrCo we had constant fractures, which we solved by using inline on nobel biocares instruction. Then when we started using ISUS and Cara implant frameworks we again had stress fracture problems.. Now having done hundreds of frames with inline porcelain and a slow cooling cycle we have 0 problems - other than the opaque paste being a pain to apply!

I use inLine porc , but I opaque with vita vmk Master powder opaque sprayed on my frames. Have done
CoCr too. No problems.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score

Gotcha. Personally, the cases I have done with d.Sign on ISUS have worked out well. As you say, slow cooling is essential.

A

adl

Reaction score
I would much rather deal with the opaque being a pain vs. the whole case being a nightmare.

H.Ross

H.Ross

Reaction score
Even Dsign porcelain feels different during build up. We use complete Inline materials for our metal crowns. They have the tube and bottled opaque, we got along with bottled more.

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Guess what? IVO came out with inline powder opaque . Yeah ! And it's been out for about a year or more.

Thanks for the news!:cool:

Top Bottom