Discontinuing Empress!

S

Skywalker

Reaction score
Hey techies! I am a huge fan of Empress and most leucite based materials. I however have never felt the need to try other leucite based ingots. I'm looking for recommendations on ingots(leucite) I can replace Empress with by year end. All suggestions greatly appreciated, please no LD or Zirc.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Do you mean discontinuing Empress Esthetic?

Last edited:
Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
Emax is maximized Empress, or Empress maximized {Emax} I guess everybody knows that

Last edited:
Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
I have used Cerpress sl years ago and used to be sold by Leach @ Dillon then, i don’t know now sold by whom if still exist

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
Emax is maximized Empress, or Empress maximized {Emax} I guess everybody knows that
Empress and E.max can't be really compared, material wise. But I agree, Empress was/is among the most esthetic materials out there. And by your naming logic you also could say, E.max is maximized Eris... ;)

E.max is the successor of Eris, which is the successor of Empress II, which all are Lithium disilicate.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
Empress and E.max can't be really compared, material wise. But I agree, Empress was/is among the most esthetic materials out there. And by your naming logic you also could say, E.max is maximized Eris... ;)

E.max is the successor of Eris, which is the successor of Empress II, which all are Lithium disilicate.
We know the microstructure of IPS e.max is different than E2. the IPS e.max Lithium Disilicate is 70% actual Lithium Disilicate crystal. E2 was only 60% Lithium Disilicate crystal, which accounts for the increased strength, and called maximized

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
We know the microstructure of IPS e.max is different than E2. the IPS e.max Lithium Disilicate is 70% actual Lithium Disilicate crystal. E2 was only 60% Lithium Disilicate crystal, which accounts for the increased strength, and called maximized
You are correct. I have to admit, I didn't make the connection with the naming of the material. And I have been quite close to Ivoclar and the market launch of e.max, back in the days.. o_O

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Empress is no more
E as in ex pired , pining for the fjords.
Hello Polly!!!

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
"Not in a box.
Not with a fox.
Not in a house.
Not with a mouse.
I would not press them here or there.
I would not press them anywhere.
I would not press Empress Max
I do not like them, Car I am"

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
My tooth fell out and left a space
So big my tongue can touch my face,
And every time I smile I show
The place where something used to grow.
I miss my tooth as you can guess
But now I have to brush one less!

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Ive used GC pc in the past, still have a ton of it!, when crowns and veneers stopped cracking when I used emax, I never looked back. The last time I had to do veneers on the drs daugher and he requested empress, I bought it on ebay.

S

Skywalker

Reaction score
Do you mean discontinuing Empress Esthetic?
Discontinuing Empress Esthetic ingots. They will continue to sell blocks, but I'm uninterested in milling one at a time.

66Stang

Reaction score
"Not in a box.
Not with a fox.
Not in a house.
Not with a mouse.
I would not press them here or there.
I would not press them anywhere.
I would not press Empress Max
I do not like them, Car I am"
I'm horribly offended by your Dr. Seuss reference Car 54....LOL...
Frustrated Head GIF