Digital Department setup/workflow?

Techy

Techy

Reaction score
Very Broad question, yet an important one.
We are in the process of converting some of our "traditional" labs to "Digital" besides the hurdles and complications of doing this, I wanted to pose the question (if your comfortable sharing) how your labs are coping with the transition.

The most important thing for me is to try and break it down with a flow-chart and follow the case through the lab in the most efficient manner.

I will ask a few specific questions and perhaps the more open question,,,what have you found to be the most efficient way of managing digital files, and the work that follows?

I am debating to create a specific department just to print/build models from scans.

Also we will soon implement a "Design center" which will have a employee from each department to handle the design of each restoration.

We are trying to work with conjnuction of the tradtionalt lab while the industry shifts more digital...

Anyone have experience doing this?
Is it better to just start from scratch and remove the Digital Dept all together to run independently?

Thank-you

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
are you bringing in digital techs or converting analog techs to digital?

Techy

Techy

Reaction score
are you bringing in digital techs or converting analog techs to digital?
We want to give the opportunity to our current techs for some aspects,,,but will need to bring in some employees with more digital knowledge.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
We want to give the opportunity to our current techs for some aspects,,,but will need to bring in some employees with more digital knowledge.
Sometimes the analog folks can be resistant to change and be resentful towards the new techies.
I have heard of labs with divided rooms because of this. I would want to make sure everyone is all in just in case.

Techy

Techy

Reaction score
Sometimes the analog folks can be resistant to change and be resentful towards the new techies.
I have heard of labs with divided rooms because of this. I would want to make sure everyone is all in just in case.
The reality is,,,there will be more opportunity for Digital techs moving forward,,,,I hope that those techs who see that take advantage of the opportunity, I agree with you there will be some not motivated or reluctant to change or accept change.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I know you were interested in the logistical setup but this is what came to mind for me.
Analog techs need to see what lies ahead , as did I, and attempt to embrace the change.Digital techs need to be open to the vast knowledge and experience of their forefathers.
no one likes a smart a$$ robot either....CHL...
tenor (2).gif