Dear 3sheeple

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Hello, I find myself in a predicament. I am what some people call an Exocad user. We have a problem where it is a challenge to utilize Nobel Biocare's implant library for digital models and crown design. Therefor I write unto thee, oh dearly beloved 3sheeple, in hopes I may share the files needed for model design and you, in your wonderfully intelligent and capable ways, will produce a digital model, sure to be the most spectacular and crisp looking model I've ever seen, and return it to me. I hope and pray that mercy may be had for my sad little self.
Thank you

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Well crafted my liege, well crafted :)

A

AnAppleaDay

Reaction score
Hello, I find myself in a predicament. I am what some people call an Exocad user. We have a problem where it is a challenge to utilize Nobel Biocare's implant library for digital models and crown design. Therefor I write unto thee, oh dearly beloved 3sheeple, in hopes I may share the files needed for model design and you, in your wonderfully intelligent and capable ways, will produce a digital model, sure to be the most spectacular and crisp looking model I've ever seen, and return it to me. I hope and pray that mercy may be had for my sad little self.
Thank you
Nobel has official Exocad libraries now. What kind of challenge are you encountering?

A

AnAppleaDay

Reaction score
Why not provide scanbodies to your Docs that you like to work with or have libraries for, then we aren't beholden to implant manufacturers?
I would assume their customers are asking for genuine Nobel restorative components.
Nobel has really good solutions for labs and are actually one of the few implant manufacturers to still cater to labs. Most others try to bypass us and go direct to the dentist (Atlantis, Smile-in-a-box, DS with Cerec).

I haven't personally used Nobel's Exocad libraries but they recently launched them with great fanfare, so I would try to get the latest version first.
In 3Shape, it's been working relatively well for years, but there are some limitations we have to work around.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Why not provide scanbodies to your Docs that you like to work with or have libraries for, then we aren't beholden to implant manufacturers?
This guy won’t do anything but authentic.
How do you go about the warranty ?

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Nobel has official Exocad libraries now. What kind of challenge are you encountering?
Mine is I don’t want to renew my Exocad yearly license to be able to download libraries within the design software. That’s the only way Nobel does it. They won’t email or Dropbox their libraries.
One of the greatest guys in the world, Andrew Priddy, tried to help me out with his Exocad but it wouldn’t work for him. Heck of a great guy though!

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
This guy won’t do anything but authentic.
How do you go about the warranty ?
It's a silly argument these days..."genuine, OEM" blahh, blahh, blahh. Let me ask you this, does the warranty cover the labs labor, labs shipping costs, anything outside the cost of the abutment? From my experience, I haven't had one cover the chairtime or the laboratory labor, maybe they do now? With that in mind, a few years ago I told all my Docs, WE ARE THE WARRANTY, lifetime warranty on implants but i get to pick the scanbodies and I'll even send them to you at no charge. Instantly changed all of them overnight, just had a new guy last week....gave me the OEM saying and how he can't stand the quality he gets from his OEM implant lab (well no shlt shirley, most of those implant manufacturer milling centers are a fkn joke). I told him I'd send him scanbodies, give a better warranty, and much better quality. He pondered it for a few hours and sent me his first case today. I'm over these implant manufacturers undermining labs, going straight to the Doc for abutments, they want to play "lab tech"...Welcome to my world, and since i'm the fellar doing it, hang on, you're in my octagon!!!

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
It's a silly argument these days..."genuine, OEM" blahh, blahh, blahh. Let me ask you this, does the warranty cover the labs labor, labs shipping costs, anything outside the cost of the abutment? From my experience, I haven't had one cover the chairtime or the laboratory labor, maybe they do now? With that in mind, a few years ago I told all my Docs, WE ARE THE WARRANTY, lifetime warranty on implants but i get to pick the scanbodies and I'll even send them to you at no charge. Instantly changed all of them overnight, just had a new guy last week....gave me the OEM saying and how he can't stand the quality he gets from his OEM implant lab (well no shlt shirley, most of those implant manufacturer milling centers are a fkn joke). I told him I'd send him scanbodies, give a better warranty, and much better quality. He pondered it for a few hours and sent me his first case today. I'm over these implant manufacturers undermining labs, going straight to the Doc for abutments, they want to play "lab tech"...Welcome to my world, and since i'm the fellar doing it, hang on, you're in my octagon!!!
So in your warranty are you covering the cost of a new implant and the new implant being placed or is it only the abutment and crown?

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
So in your warranty are you covering the cost of a new implant and the new implant being placed or is it only the abutment and crown?
Usually Doc will fit the bill on the new screw and we will cover everything above implant platform. I wouldn't mind covering for a new screw, it's pennies compared to what they save, the quality they get in the long run, and the headaches/time saved by all involved. However, most of time they go bad is patient related (i.e. bad hygiene) which the patient has to take some ownership on.

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
What scan bodies have you found that are working best for your lab, and your clients?

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
Totally agree! If you've ever had to go to the implant manufacturer with a "warranaty" claim, good luck. In our experience they will play the blame game, it's the lab's fault, no it's the dentist's fault, it will go on and on until you finally give up and eat the costs. Our issue was two abutment failures. The body of the abutment seperated from the internal hex. Manufacturer's defect??? No it's the dentist or the lab. Like you said blah, blah, blah..........Musicus

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
What scan bodies have you found that are working best for your lab, and your clients?
I like TruAbutment personally. However, I have some guys out there using Atlantis as well, no issue with that just an extra $100 cost per implant with Atlantis (BTW, Atlantis was very helpful in warrantying abutments in the past - especially with that internal hex full zirc. abutments that always broke). Are there other milling companies out there that are great, of course. I'm not saying there isn't, just pointing out that most of the implant manufacturers have the worse of the worse milling centers out there and that they keep screaming that OEM/Genuine BS when they need to look at there own backside and realize they haven't used enough toilet paper in a long time.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Also, Sorry @RileyS your thread was overtaken over by my ranting...lets get it back on track!!!
CAN ANYONE MAKE RILEY'S NOBEL IMPLANT MODELS USING 3SHAPE PLEASE, contact @RileyS

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
if the scan uses the 3shape scan bodies, you can only use 3shape to design

yes, nobel makes exocad scan bodies/libraries, but they cannot be installed in an exocad without a maintenance contract, and would contain none of the 3shape scan body data, ergo less than useful.

best of luck Riley.

AaronW12321

AaronW12321

Reaction score
Did you find someone to make you a model?

Top Bottom