Diadem Milling Strats?

• Thread starter Marcusthegladiator CDT
  • Start date
Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Anyone at Diadem listening?

After shopping around for a while, diadem gives us some nice colors when you use thier stain kit and pre stained Zirc.
However.
It looks to me like the occlusions are finished with a 1mm bur.

These FCZ's colors are so great and the fit as well, its a shame that noone is going over the anatomy by hand just after delimating the sprues before sintering.

So Diadem...

Just a suggestion...

How about after cutting the FCZ's out and cutting off the sprues your techs spend 15 seconds a unit manually going over the primary anatomy?

How bout it?

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
I can give you better quality with just my mill instead of having someone sit there and cut anatomy. Colors are great and I mill with a .3mm bur on the occlusion. I mill some stuff for some folks on here and they are more then satisfied. Guarantee ill beat their prices to.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Tyler Bruxzir's at Parkway are the best I've seen,,,,,,,,I used Diadem and there good ! I don't want to achieve the shade with multi-firing using stains to get the shade....
Plus save a few bucks with Tyler !

Charles

desertfox384

desertfox384

Reaction score
I quit using Diadem.. Anatomy wasn't terrible until after i ground the snot out of the occlusion on almost every case. I always asked them on every rx to keep it out by a certain amount and maybe 1 or 2 out of ten they did... I called and spoke to them about it (very nicely) and they said they would take care of it... one or two immediately after that were great and then kerplunk the fits went back into the toilet again.
I agree about the sprue stumps, they could at least smooth them off and the margins are pretty bulky sometimes.. I always had to smooth them under the scope.. sometimes a lot. A couple of them rocked on the die (very minimal). Ive never used anyone but them for FCZ so I cannot compare them to anything.. Sent 4 out this week to CMC. Now I know how a dentist feels when they are frustrated with a lab.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Thanks for your input guys.
I used to work at a milling center.
It was a solo gig where I did everything myself with a d700, 3shape, sum3d, and an imes Icore 340i.
My current position as lab manager of a lab that outsources its zirc to the milling center has left me speechless.
I can't believe what passes for zirconia as I shop around for a milling center.
I tell ya, I was good. Damn good.
But didn't know it till now.
Well, have a nice weekend guys.