My 5 Powder Production Buildup

C

clearH2O

Reaction score
Shofu porcelain build up

Hi, I have seen many porcelains build-up and finishing. You guys are talented. Any one have work on Shofu's Porcelain? It is behave like Ceramco 3? I worked with Ceramco 3 and 2 before but don't like them much due to their shade were always off a bit after second bake.
Thanks
clearh2o

designasmile

designasmile

Reaction score
Shofu Porcelain

I have been using Shofu Halo, developed by Yamamoto,for many years.
Over the past 30 years I have used or tried all of the major porcelains on
the market. I have found that Shofu Halo is the easiest to build and has the least amount of shrinkage compared to all others. After several firings, the color doesn't fade, and the incisals don't grey out. I use their opal incisals
on all shades and the opal effect doesn't burn out. They have the Vita A-D shades plus an extended line of reddish shades and root shades. They also have a ZR line, pressing system, etc. Shofu Halo is not technique sensitive
and compatible with a wide range of alloys.

Shofu has released a new line this year called Vintage MP which I am
still experimenting with, but looks good.

You can find more info about their porcelain systems at their web site: SHOFU DENTAL CORPORATION, or give Lisa a call at 832-723-4880

Gary

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
Hi, I have seen many porcelains build-up and finishing. You guys are talented. Any one have work on Shofu's Porcelain? It is behave like Ceramco 3? I worked with Ceramco 3 and 2 before but don't like them much due to their shade were always off a bit after second bake.
Thanks
clearh2o

We use Shofu. We use it for PFM's and Zirconia, and we are experimenting with their pressing pellets. Several of my technicians worked with Noritake in the past, and they find that the Shofu is very similar in handling, but we get better technical support and on site training from Shofu.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
aimg011.photo.21cn.com_photos_album_20101219_m620x800_9450B46B46756DE522EC0AC2EFAF2DEF.jpg
we use the heraeus;
aimg011.photo.21cn.com_photos_album_20101219_m620x800_9351652641889A9BA839C6AFDED49D53.jpg

aimg011.photo.21cn.com_photos_album_20101219_m620x800_6F27A4A9C0A3D14DD02AB2684286B5E0.jpg:)

Nice work Jerry
Heraeus is a good quality porcelain

Margins look very accurate too

Looks like something you would see from a California lab :eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows:
aimg011.photo.21cn.com_photos_album_20101219_m620x800_9450B46B46756DE522EC0AC2EFAF2DEF.jpg aimg011.photo.21cn.com_photos_album_20101219_m620x800_9351652641889A9BA839C6AFDED49D53.jpg aimg011.photo.21cn.com_photos_album_20101219_m620x800_6F27A4A9C0A3D14DD02AB2684286B5E0.jpg

J

jchang

Reaction score
Hi Al,

do you by any chance still have the pictures? I know it's been awhile but it's been deleted. thank you!

J

subrisi

subrisi

Reaction score
Yes I am a newbie too and would love to see them.

T

tonester

Reaction score
jchang & subrisi, I am also a member that appreciates Al's talents. Not to speak for him, but you can find his summarization of his technique in his post: 15 unit pfm build. Just take a look at his past posts and threads and you'll find it.

I agree with you, I would also like to see the original photos of the 5 powder production build.

disturbed

disturbed

Disturbing Member
Reaction score
soooo many people would LOVE to have those pics posted again. PERMANENTLY! Please Al, if you get time..If you even still have em. 60 units a week is amazing and we would love to learn this technique from you. I keep visiting this thread in the hopes.....

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
soooo many people would LOVE to have those pics posted again. PERMANENTLY! Please Al, if you get time..If you even still have em. 60 units a week is amazing and we would love to learn this technique from you. I keep visiting this thread in the hopes.....

Ok I photodocumented a build. About 30 to 40 pics. Ill post it up over the weekend with commentary.
Probably over on the restorations of the day (du jour) thread.
60 units a week is 12 a day. Its possible for a 2 person lab if you work by the week.

This thread is 3 yrs old and I have since changed my business model. Thanks in large part to John Wilsons encouragement. Thanks John!

Dont do work for several of the Drs that used to send me a boat load of single pfms anymore.
Dont know if thats good or bad but its different. Its only been a couple of years and is still a work in process.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Ok I photodocumented a build. About 30 to 40 pics. Ill post it up over the weekend with commentary.
60 units a week is 12 a day. Its possible for a 2 person lab if you work by the week.

This thread is 3 yrs old and I have since changed my business model. Thanks in large part to John Wilsons encouragement. Thanks John!
Dont do work for several of the Drs that used to send me a boat load of single pfms anymore.
Dont know if thats good or bad but its different. Its only been a couple of years and is still a work in process.

Thanks for the nod Al but I didn't do anything.

You are a very gifted tech with a talent up and above. Your ability should be compensated for and I am certainly glad that you have implemented some new strategies.

I am thrilled with your success!

Happy New Year

C

charles007

Reaction score
I'm ready and waiting with my 3d glasses on popcorn

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
I also would like to see this documented. I can't wait.

C

clearH2O

Reaction score
off the bench

Hi every one
Hi Al, how are you? I wish you and family a Happy New Year.

Me too

clearh2o

A

ADGLab

Reaction score
I really appreciate your work and sharing on DLN. Are these photos or videos still available anywhere?
Thanks!

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
I really appreciate your work and sharing on DLN. Are these photos or videos still available anywhere?
Thanks!

Yes I redid it over on "Restorations Dejour" I dont know what page.