Designing a hole (purposefully) in Exocad

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Good stuff, I know the feeling, in ice storm of 98, was without power over 3 weeks, middle of winter.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Good stuff, I know the feeling, in ice storm of 98, was without power over 3 weeks, middle of winter.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
That sucks. I've done 4, but heat of the summer is trumped by winter temps. Brrr

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
Allow Any Changes (allows ability to punch hole all the way through crown)

<AttachmentInFreeformShowOptionAllowTouchAnything>true</AttachmentInFreeformShowOptionAllowTouchAnything>

This goes in the xml file found here:
?:/exocad/DentalCADApp/config/default settings

Copy and paste it into the xml file after the line about adding 2d images. Restart the software and you are good to go.
"OH ! The files are IN the computer !" This is how i'm feeling right now lol :D
files.jpg

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
Yes, exocad is loaded with all kinds of magic things if you know how to unlock them. Every module exists in the initial install. It just needs activating by license.
Would there be anywhere I could go to see 'step by step' where to paste that line of code in ? ( possibly the Wiki or a youtube video) I do have a 2015 generic copy of Exo :) I would love to load some of my own crown designs at some point and read that Exocad had to be configured using XML format . I really am clueless and have no idea what that even means ,lolBanghead

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Would there be anywhere I could go to see 'step by step' where to paste that line of code in ? ( possibly the Wiki or a youtube video) I do have a 2015 generic copy of Exo :) I would love to load some of my own crown designs at some point and read that Exocad had to be configured using XML format . I really am clueless and have no idea what that even means ,lolBanghead
I can post some screen shots of where it goes in the xml file unless some kind soul here beats me to it by Monday morning. I am on post Cat4 hurricane party mode and won't be worth a thing until Monday.Vollkommenauf

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
I can post some screen shots of where it goes in the xml file unless some kind soul here beats me to it by Monday morning. I am on post Cat4 hurricane party mode and won't be worth a thing until Monday.Vollkommenauf
Thank you you are very kind ! Please don't bother with it until until you have finished with your Hurricane Party . I feel bad for you all down there ,it's 90 degs and sunny here . We have the 'desert Trip' festival going on here this weekend and next . The Rolling Stones played 15 mins from my house last night . lol

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
I suggest downloading the "Notepad++" app, since it has support for XML lingo. Might want to research the XML format before attempting to edit it, so you know some basics (structure wise). Lookup, then open: c:\...\<exo cad install folder>\DentalCADApp\config\defaultsettings.xml
Insert the tags as it is pointed out here:
exosetting.png
This example files shows a config file as it's setup by default...(minus the gap among lines, where the arrow points)

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
I suggest downloading the "Notepad++" app, since it has support for XML lingo. Might want to research the XML format before attempting to edit it, so you know some basics (structure wise). Lookup, then open: c:\...\<exo cad install folder>\DentalCADApp\config\defaultsettings.xml
Insert the tags as it is pointed out here:
View attachment 23581
This example files shows a config file as it's setup by default...(minus the gap among lines, where the arrow points)
Thank you ,I really do need to do some reading :eek:

E

ericf

Reaction score
Will this line of code also work with the newest build release?

E

ericf

Reaction score
does the location of the line make a difference in the way it applies?
I initially placed it after the "2d" line as stated in earlier post. It works, albeit a little strangely. (haven't used it on real case yet, so everything is a "little strange" at this time. Maybe after a couple of cases things will assimilate.)

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Will this line of code also work with the newest build release?
I don't think you have to add this to the xml settings of newest version of exo (build 6045 or higher) it is already in the code.

Top Bottom