EXOCAD ANGULATED SCREW CHANNELS IN GALWAY VERSION?? IS THERE A SETUP OR SOMETHING.

A

AKDental

Reaction score
HI so i have exocad galway and i just wanted to know if there is a way to setup the angulated screw channels in the settings file
or something like that so that it would be possible to use angulated screw channels for any type of implant abutment that i choose in the
cad design???
I also have a 2015 version of exocad and using that version i am able to use clickable screw channels to angulate any abutment that i choose. But the new version only allow me
to change the angle if i select a abutment that is made by the company for angulation. ie. dess usa "aurum" ti base abutments.
I keep contacting my reseller but i cant get a clear answer. they are not sure.
Maybe the new Exocad don't allow you to do what i am asking but if i can then it would really help me out.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
no, you would use a regular parametric attachment

screwment.jpg

check the "allow any changes box" or your minimum material setting will override

L

LarryRDC

Reaction score
Try choosing advanced tab in the implant bottoms step (in the Galway version) , then hit the “drag” option instead of “clickable” and that might give you what you looking for. Should work with any library…

Last edited:
Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
TRU abutment custom/split won't have this option

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
HI so i have exocad galway and i just wanted to know if there is a way to setup the angulated screw channels in the settings file
or something like that so that it would be possible to use angulated screw channels for any type of implant abutment that i choose in the
cad design???
I also have a 2015 version of exocad and using that version i am able to use clickable screw channels to angulate any abutment that i choose. But the new version only allow me
to change the angle if i select a abutment that is made by the company for angulation. ie. dess usa "aurum" ti base abutments.
I keep contacting my reseller but i cant get a clear answer. they are not sure.
Maybe the new Exocad don't allow you to do what i am asking but if i can then it would really help me out.
angled screw channel is only available and controlled by the library provided to you by the parts manufacturer. i.e. Dess controls the library and Dess says whether or not you can make angled screw channels with the parts. so, if its not an option, you need a new library.

A

AKDental

Reaction score
Is that something that is changed with the newer versions of exocad? I have a 2015 version where i can angle on any library. Well, all that i've tried out so far. So, for instance, i use 'Open Implants' ti bases often(it is an adjustable chimney height ti-base) and i will sometimes use the lowest height option
so i can angle the screw channel when it ends up coming out of a cusp and these abutments are not made to be angled. This is possible for me when i am using exocad version that i have from 2016 which i do remember the person who i got it from said he had to contact his reseller to activate this option. But when i use my other exocad, which is Galway, it is not there for open implants libraries.
I did try a dess angled "aurum" abutment library to see and yes, when i did, the option "clickable" was there and i could then change the angle.
Does everyone who has Exo Galway only have the option to make clickable angled screw channel available when using a
angle-able library, such as Dess USA's "aurum" ti-base.

Sorry I feel like i am being too picky but it is so convenient to have this option available. Can't tell you how many times i found out in the middle of design
that the hole is coming directly out of the middle of a cusp on #28, 29 or #12 and it looks just like a dormant volcano in the middle of a whole bunch of
mountains. Or uggghhh,..., looks like i need a custom abutment because the angle is just too much....and i wish i started to case a little earlier.
Anyways, thanks for the responses guys. It really makes my day when i log on and see that someone has given me a possible solution to
a problem of mine.

Oh and to Doug, apologies for the yelling, CAPS was on when i wrote the title and i was lazy and just left it. Btw, i like your avatar or picture, he/she
is extremely cute...

A

AKDental

Reaction score
In reply to Andrew Priddy(sorry i don't use forums that much...so don't know if this is right way to reply):

I just looked at the website from your link. Looks very nice. Very professional. But im sure you know that. anyways
i misunderstood your response and when i looked again, it seems like it might be what i was asking about.
Can you elaborate a little about how you do this please? Likecase setup? so it works with screw retained anatomic implant
crown and i just use a parametric att and parallelize to screw channel and angle it then? Pls explain. I am ok with exocad
but definitely not good, especially when it comes to more advanced use.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
AK, im also new to EXO, you'll get the hang of it..
check out the screwmentable video as well screwmentable
Adam should chime in at some point

tru setup.jpg

custom abutment at TRU or DESS with Zir crown and a hole manually punched...
even TRU angled needs the "screwmentable" workflow

straumann.. choose 0 on the cutback..
send abutment..
design over super..
st setup.jpg

Nobel
the "requirement" to choose waxup may have changed.. it's been a month
nosetup.jpg

Last edited:
Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
All "dual file"
or as close to "split" as it gets
IMG_0093.jpeg

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
first off, stain with the abutment in play..
for masking. I like to use a wire brush finish on abutments rather than "deep grey" sand blasted
design is important.. add some meat if you can, but be aware of bondable surface area
you can grind back the abutment slightly and apply a layer of Ti light cure opaque, (1/2 cure) and directly over that with panavia.. great results, but as a new lab I haven't had to do this yet (30 abutments in).

also, if you are milling, there are masks out there (pre sinter) to mask the zir interior.. recently saw the results of one and will post it soon as well,, will be milling very soon so hoping I can use this option rather than ti-opaque

A

AKDental

Reaction score
currently i use origin beyond plus with their chroma coloring liquids. They sell an opaque liquid which you can brush onto the inside of an unsintered
zirconia crown which will create an opaque layer. Works okay. only drawback is that it is totally white so sometimes it may alter the shade by making kinda
whiter or lighter. Im not that great with shades and havent worked with porcelain so much so can't describe it properly but just imagine a white opaque layer(no shade to it). Since Im not too experienced with shading stains and porcelain use i so far havent figured out how to correct that lightness/whiteness but it is not too bad. More importantly it blocks out the dark color that titanium introduces. I think you could use it on any zirconia. and costs about $30 or $40 for a small bottle which will last a long time.

A

AKDental

Reaction score
OK, so i think i figured it out. I am going to try it out to see if it works. Also i was just wondering...i think this is something that many exocad users would know how to do. As an end user of exocad is it like taboo or something to be messing with setting and config of exocad. Like is this something that they don't want us doing?

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
Like is this something that they don't want us doing?
i don't think so..
EXO is a lot more user friendly..
as you use it more, you will find the work-a-rounds.. check the youtube vids..

A

AKDental

Reaction score
i don't think so..
EXO is a lot more user friendly..
as you use it more, you will find the work-a-rounds.. check the youtube vids..
hey andrew just wanted to give you an update on this. so it appears that it worked and so now i can angulate any abutment whether it is meant to be or not.
i feel like you probably already know of this but if you don't then i believe you will find this very useful at times. or maybe not as you already have a method to do it. But this way is cool cuz you don't have to align anything.
Anyways, just add this line in the settings.xml or defaultsettings.xml of the DentalCadApp/config/ folder :
<ImplantLibraryAllowScrewChannelAngles>true</ImplantLibraryAllowScrewChannelAngles>
<ImplantLibraryAllowScrewChannelAnglesByUserDefault>true</ImplantLibraryAllowScrewChannelAnglesByUserDefault>
<ImplantLibraryAllowScrewChannelAnglesByUserDefaultMaxAngle>40</ImplantLibraryAllowScrewChannelAnglesByUserDefaultMaxAngle>
and it must be in between both of these following lines <ApplicationSettingsProviderCad>

oh i should mention it is not guaranteed to work with all exocad. and also could cause issues with cam software depending on
what cam software it is. so basically it might not work for everyone...but it did for me.

Top Bottom