Designing a hole (purposefully) in Exocad

E

ericf

Reaction score
I'm being called upon to design Zirc crowns with a central hole for accessing the implant abutment crew after crown placement.
I am scanning the actual abutment, but need to know how to align and place the hole. I have the basic Exocad . Do I need buy the implant module to accomplish this feat or is there another way ?
Cheers

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
What engine build do you have? This can be done easily with basic CAD module.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
You could use the attachment function to make holes...load up a cylinder with the desired diameter, taller than the crown thickness, adjust the crown transparency to see how it would be placed and what angle, subtract the attachment form the crown...bingo...;)

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Thanks I've done that with attachment and was great. Only thing I'm not able to do is bypass the minimal thickness to allow complete hole through and through. Any ideas welcome and thanks! [emoji4]

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Awesome, thanks !! Forgot about expert & freeform...

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
"Well they say you learn something every day !".....This is my 'Something' for today . I need to try this later . Thanks all :D

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Did you guys built a fence already ? :eek:

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
To get 'allow any changes' to show up in the free form tools you have to add a line to xml file in settings.

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
To get 'allow any changes' to show up in the free form tools you have to add a line to xml file in settings.
Thanks for this, can you please expand a bit for this...slow & new. On drugs, just had my gnarly , 3 root , lower left 1st molar (3.6) extracted. I know, nothing like a hurricane :)

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Thanks for this, can you please expand a bit for this...slow & new. On drugs, just had my gnarly , 3 root , lower left 1st molar (3.6) extracted. I know, nothing like a hurricane :)

I got no power mon. But someone here is near a machine and can copy and paste the tag and show you where it goes.

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
I got no power mon. But someone here is near a machine and can copy and paste the tag and show you where it goes.
Thanks 2thm8kr! Sure hope you get your power back soon!!!

user name

user name

Reaction score

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
[emoji4][emoji322]

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Allow Any Changes (allows ability to punch hole all the way through crown)

<AttachmentInFreeformShowOptionAllowTouchAnything>true</AttachmentInFreeformShowOptionAllowTouchAnything>

This goes in the xml file found here:
?:/exocad/DentalCADApp/config/default settings

Copy and paste it into the xml file after the line about adding 2d images. Restart the software and you are good to go.

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Fabulous, thanks 2thm8kr! Get your power back yet?

Top Bottom